PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Well its that time of the year - a couple of weeks short of my next trip to the UK to load up on Condor and I find myself down to my last five 2 oz pouches. What do I do? I could add finely chopped twist and try and eek out my supplies. I could move my flight forward. I could have a go at trying to dilute my remaining stock with a passive tobacco and if so what would you suggest? I was at church yesterday with my chum Andre who casually asked me if I had any Condor as he was down to 1 1/2 pouches and I told him no such luck old boy. So here is my question to you lot. What types of high nicotine plug do you recommend, preferably unsliced or diced and where can it be purchased in the NY/NJ conurbation which is black and flu cured? Any thoughts let me know.

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
Careful you know what they say. if you give someone enough rope they may hang themselves.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
Sorry. I've tried everything from mixing Ennerdale with black rope or 1792 flake, and nothing really 100% satisfies the itch for Condor.
What has worked for me (somewhat) is to pack the bottom half of the bowl with Condor, and pack the top half with something else. Then, it all tastes like Condor.
Good luck! I feel your pain!

May 31, 2012
I agree with bryanf, there simply is no substitute for Condor.
I've been enjoying Peterson's Perfect Plug lately, but it takes an adjustment period if you're used to constantly smoking Condor, it seems weak and flavorless at first, but after smoking more bowls it begins to shine with its subtle flavor coming through, and the N is like a medium semi-stout, not bad at all.
One oddity I've come across is a vape liquid made for e-cigarettes that's supposed to taste like Condor, I've been curious if i could actually use it as a saucing agent for more flat baccy, the vape juice also has N so it'd add some oomph as well LOL
Do you think it'd actually work?
I might actually try it at some point!
http://www.ok-smokey.com/ecig-liquids-electronic-cigarettes/eagle-e-iquid.html
I wrote JTI an email last week pleading for them to reintroduce Condor to the American market, haven't heard back from them...
...they have an office in NJ, stop by and demand they import Condor again!!!

http://www.jti.com/our-company/where-we-operate/americas/usa/english/overview/
btw

if we could get a lot of folks sending them emails requesting Condor to be brought back to the USA,

it'd be a good thing, maybe they'd listen, who knows?

http://www.jti.com/site-tools/contact-us/

:puffy:

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
If you can satisfy your yen for pressed tobacco, SG and GH can be had easily, and from them you could amp up on;
1792 (Mike Rutt @ Mars might be able to hook you up on Cob Plug)

Dark Flake - both the scented and unscented are good. I smoke a ton of the unscented) (Again, Mike Rutt regularly has Dark Plug, which is probably as close to what you want)

Ropes: GH Brown or Black Irish X; the SG versions are Brown #4 and Black X

GL Pease Gaslight - plug, and such a sumptuous full-latakia! His use of Orientals is masterful, I believe.
These aren't plug but flake and rope, but they are pressed, and you get to monkey around with the cut. From what I understand the Europeans have a monopoly on getting dark, potent plugs as Revor Plug and Condor.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not tuned into Condor to match it. I'm enjoying GLP Triple Play plug right now, with sufficient N.

Status
Not open for further replies.