PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Erik-Nording-Freehand-Rustic-4-Tobacco-Smoking-Pipe-Item-5404K-/221419477813?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338da11b35
:lol:

Jan 8, 2013
That whole description at the bottom of the page has been cut and pasted. I've seen it before. I'm thinking they possibly entered 999 dollars by mistake, or they really don't know anything. Or they're trying to take someone who doesn't know anything about pipes for a lot of money.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Sold one???
Probably purchased by the same moron who paid $7.00 for an aluminum pipe nail a couple of months ago because the seller said it was a Dunhill. lol

dirtydex

Might Stick Around
May 14, 2011
The "sold" one went for $95. That price has to be a mistake. I think he/she added and extra '9'.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
More like it.
I was gonna say, "shill alert."
@rsuninv ... if the bushes you're finding are $500 a pop, you're on the wrong street corner.
:)

Jan 8, 2013
It has to be a mistake. Nobody can be that dumb... right? Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love Nordings. I've been very pleased with mine.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
The "sold" one went for $95. That price has to be a mistake. I think he/she added and extra '9'
That might very well be a possibility. Then again, although this person has quite a few positive feedback votes, he/she also has 56 negative feedback votes which, by my definition, is WAY out of my comfort zone with a seller.
@ rsuninv:

...one in the hand is worth two in the bush.
I’ve admittedly had it in my hand before, but seeing that I (unfortunately) only have one, I’ve obviously never had two in a bush. And when I did have my meager one, I never in my life paid $500 for it! :wink:

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Nobody can be that dumb... right?
Dumb, by definition, is quite a few of the sellers on eBay, but that mostly applies to many of the buyers. Or perhaps it's just big cajones on part of the sellers mixed with a portion of utter stupidity.

smokeystover

Might Stick Around
Sep 20, 2012
Check out their other items. They have that $999 price on a bunch of other stuff like a single bottle of butane or a MM cob. Just fishing, I guess.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Another excellent example of outright fraud on eBay.
Sorry, but I strongly disagree. This is in no way shape or form 'fraud' on the part of eBay and it's not their responsibility to govern what prices what one wishes, or has the audacity to charge for whatever they wish to sell. If one (the buyer) is so ignorant and is not willing to do diligent research on any given item it is the buyers fault, and no one else.

Status
Not open for further replies.