PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Internal smoking regulations? International trade pacts? I'm not seeing the connection. I don't believe I'm that obtuse. In this case maybe I am. Pray, someone please explain.
I understand how the Chambers' position can confuse. It really has nothing to do with whether tobacco is good or bad and everything to do with living up to agreements. Further, the position of the Chambers may cause some to rethink "knee-jerk" reactions to anything and everything tobacco. It may encourage cooler heads to consider consequences to actions as opposed to doing "something" because it feels good and appeals to a limited number of vocal reactionary politicians.
There can be a lot of angst and gnashing of teeth on this forum when tobacco prices increase or new anti-smoking regulations enacted. Here is a case of a group of businesses trying to do something for their members which may also redound positively for the smoker.
As I've observed in the past the political leanings in this forum are many and varied. Some like large, intrusive government and others decry it. As a group we are unable to save ourselves from ourselves. One of those cases, in the words of Pogo: "We have met the enemy and he is us!"

Status
Not open for further replies.