PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
I return from my enforced temporary absence with two favourable new additions to my collection.

Picture116.jpg

The first is this large bowled John Brumfit. While you cant see from the picture, for a cheap pipe it has quite a wonderful textured rustic finish that leaves my fingers running over it each smoke. I'm at a loss for the name of the shape. I think a bent Rhodesian, though correct if wrong. Whilst it came with a filter, for the first time I found it unnecessary except with extremely moist tobaccos. It has a taste for the aromatics.

Picture115.jpg

The second, the obvious beauty is this bent bulldog Peterson Flame Grain. Everything about this pipe, from the wonderful bowl that shows the curl and stripe of the burl equally, to the silver band, to the amber lucite mouthpiece whispers of class. Remember, class shouldnt scream. It favours flakes and Virginia/burley mixes and Va/pers.

As always, thoughts and comments are welcome.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
I'm expecting a Donegal Rocky 03 this afternoon but after seeing your Flame Grain I don't know if I'll want to post a pic of mine when it comes!
Great snag on both of em' but that pete is sweet (-:

nikko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2011
wow, fantastic pipes, I am quite jealous... :mrgreen:

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
As it stands, I managed to upset a local Pete collector by having this taken out of the local B and Ms stock on the shelf in reserve. I'd feel bad, except I have little patience for those who only buy pipes to let sit on a shelf and gather dust.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
As it stands, I managed to upset a local Pete collector by having this taken out of the local B and Ms stock on the shelf in reserve. I'd feel bad, except I have little patience for those who only buy pipes to let sit on a shelf and gather dust.

And how, pipes are smoking implements! Great pickups punk. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.