PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
troutface, I have a much better place for you to rob. I have peckinpah's home address if you would like it, his collection is worth at least double of mine. I do expect a finders fee of course.
I have not smoked the second pipe yet, I am on new medication and my taste buds are a little off right now and I want them to be perfect for when I give it it's maiden voyage.

Dec 24, 2012
No one here is buying that fable, Flakemaster. You have the goods in your little Rad Davis museum. Plus, you have a cellar that would make GL Pease himself shudder in awe.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Nice pipes. I prefer the shoter bowled one myself. But if u can get both, then why not?

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
"Rad Davis museum" :rofl: Looks like I will have some extra cash coming in and am thinking of having Rad make me that pretty bent billiard he does, in a blast. Still nervous about spending that much on a pipe but what the hell, you only live once.
Cheers
Jeff

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
If I can highjack a thread about my pipes to say something about Rad's - if buying a pipe at that level of quality is a "new" thing for you troutface, you couldn't do better than to buy one from Rad. I think people misunderstand what a really good pipe is like until they have one. And once you move in that direction, going "back" is usually unthinkable.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Mike, my killer dog Brutus would lick someone to death before he bit them.
It is true what Sas and Mike say about an artisan pipe that has a great hand cut stem, it is difficult to go back. I bought my first one in August and have not bought any other type of pipe since. That is 21 straight pipes made by artisans with hand cut vulcanite stems. If someone had told me that there was that much of a difference, I would have called bullshit. But the fact is they are that much different and it is noticeable after the first smoke. The beauty is that you do not have to spend a fortune, many of mine were in the 200.00 range with the least expensive being my Steve Morrissete which I stole for 139.00 delivered.
jeff, buying a Rad means you will be getting a pipe that smokes as good as pipes costing 3-4 times the price.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Well I just sent Rad an email to get the ball rolling. Getting any new pipe is exciting, but this is on another level!

Dec 24, 2012
Mike,
A photo of my vicious "Pipe Patrol Pooch" is below (just taken this Christmas). This should scare all potential pipe thieves away.
Tramp_zps3bc25df2.jpg

Dec 24, 2012
And I haven't smoked one of Todd's BST pipes yet (but will soon) but based on Harris's review Todd's pipes also provide an top notch artisan smoking experience. So don't forget about Todd when you are looking into a new pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.