Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
While visiting the B&M today 2 fellows in their early to mid-30's came in to discuss pipe smoking. Both had tried a bowl or two over the weekend and wanted some advice. As luck would have it there were 3 of us there ready and willing to dispense our advice gratis.

At the end of the 45 minute discussion both had both 2 pipes each, tobacco and tools. Two more recruits to the hobby. I'm seeing more new pipers in the past year than ever before. Our hobby is alive, well and growing.

I also gave them this forum to visit. Hopefully they will.

charlie

Might Stick Around
Apr 16, 2011
Louisiana, USA
Awesome job! Now I just need more pipe smokers around here lol. If only louisianians weren't so fond of their cigarettes.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I thought this was a joke thread ! ! :roll:
You know...
A gorilla walks into a B&M, picks out a nice corncob and hands the clerk a $20 bill.

Figuring the gorilla wouldn't know any better, the clerk gives him only $5 in change

and says, "You know, we don't see too many gorillas in here buying pipes."

The gorilla replies, "For what you charge I can understand why." :rofl:

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
GorillaSmokingPipe.jpg

sirbogglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2011
@ Cortez - I thought it was a joke thread as well.
@ Lawrence - looks like he had a bad batch of Billy Budd.

ivan08

Might Stick Around
Sep 2, 2010
Lolllll!!! I was thinking this was a joke! But in my case I rescue one of my best friends! He change cigarretes for the pipe! I talk about my new pipe hobby and he began with pipes and quit the 'Newports'

capnbellamy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 25, 2011
Canterbury, England
Awesome, wish that still happened in the UK. Everyone wants cigarettes or rolling baccy. Other than the few 'old boys' who come in for their tin of Dublin every couple of weeks, it's no-longer a common sight here.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
I wish I could hang around at a B & M, but one thing would tad to another, and with Canadian prices on everything... I'd be in real trouble.
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.