"T'was the night before Christmas" to omit Santa smoking pipe.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
@sixmp
As a Human Physiology and Anatomy Instructor to nursing students, I get to teach them the truth! I'm doing my best to stop the misinformation.
@damnyak
Funny you say that you wanted to be like Santa, I did too. And now I'm starting to look like him. :?

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I don't know if anyone said this yet but the worst thing to me is that they are censoring the original artists work.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
100 + years of perfection and they want to edit it. Shame on them. That is the classic of classic Christmas stories. It is a poetic story. What will they replace it with to keep it poetic. Ridiculous :(

logandow

Jul 29, 2011
Oregon
Agreed, one cannot simply edit a classic just because they disagree with certain elements of the story.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
It's all over the radio up here, driving me batty all day. Priorities are out of whack anymore...In Canada, they'll give junkies and crack addicts free needles and crack pipes but SANTA CLAUS MUST BE CHANGED. :crazy:

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
This is a non political forum. But anyone of average intelligence can figure out where this is coming from.
Ultimately, I would say the publisher is nothing more than a well-meaning idiot. Sad to say, but often more harm is caused by the "do-gooders" of this world than anyone else.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
What's next? Are they going to make Santa thinner so as not to promote obesity? Perhaps give him a tan because it is more socially acceptable? Why not give him a pierced eyebrow to fit in with todays trends too. All a bunch of BS. Don't frig with my Santa please and thankyou.
And, for the record, I totally dig that Santa meer. I am also a Christmas nerd.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Sorry kids, Santa will have to make his deliveries this year without his reindeer. PETA is claiming animal cruelty.

:crazy:

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
@ohin3
Several months ago I heard on the radio news that Santa was under fire for his weight and in need of a new look since so many kids are over weight. So, yes apparently Santa will be losing weight in the coming years as well.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It amazes me how the poem doesn't even mention cigarettes yet still some psycho thinks it could lead children to smoking cigarettes. Cause we all know pipes are the gateway drug to cigarettes and all the kids these days are dying to smoke a pipe. Some people's stupidity astounds me.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
And Santa Claus made it down the chimney real quick.

Cuz the poor SOB became anorexic.

And a needle for Jack cos he can't quit the smack,

And new pills for Jill cos she works on her back.

But dear god don't let Santa light up his briar

Cos tobacco's as evil as Satans own fire!

/sarcastic bad poetry

Jul 12, 2011
@Baron ~ :clap:
& that is why we all need to get/smoke Santa pipes this holiday season ;-)
Way too many anti's in my neck of the woods...so I will be smoke'in

a big arz Santa pipe / blow'in smoke rings around their angelic heads

as their children do a few more lines while they continue to judge me ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.