PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I was in a hotel last night and as usual couldn't sleep. I flipped thru the channels until I landed on "Pee-Wee Hermans' Playhouse". According to IMDB, the show is 25 years old now. I never really saw it back in the day either, but found it funny when I did. Last night, the "Captain Carl" character (Phil Hartman) pulls out a pipe and Pee Wee wants to light it. Capt Carl finally lets him light it and in the close up, the pipe is a nice 65 bent, white-bar Castello Sea Rock (I own the same model, this one was red, mine is black). Smoking the pipe doesn't go well for Pee Wee and he drops the pipe to the floor. At the end of that skit, Capt Carl chucks the pipe and a few other items from the floor into his bag. I wonder who coughed up their Castello for that scene?

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Didn't he get arrested for enjoying himself too much in an adult cinema? If so, I'm not sure I want to see him handling his pipe! :rofl:

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
he was unique character, for sure. I always wanted to smack him off that goofy looking bicycle with the tassles hanging off the handlebars, just like I want to do with motorcycle riders that have all that gaudy/cheesy looking crap hanging off their bikes. 8O

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I didn't watch it much, but it sure looked more like an adult show than one for kids! It was a little painful watching him throw that Castello to the floor.....I had forgotten Phil Hartman was on that show.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Phil Hartman was the brains behind the show if I remember correct. He did a lot of the writing. The first time I saw it I was in my teens and I understood all the innuendo that show is loaded with. My Aunt was letting my baby cousin watch it and I told her, "You seriously want her to watch that? the guy's a total pervert." I was basically called an idiot and told to shut up. This from a woman who wouldn't let her kids watch Scooby Doo because it had "Demonic Themes". If I still talked to my Aunt I'd laugh in her face.

chestercopperpot

Might Stick Around
Aug 29, 2011
It looks like the live Peewee shows, which were mostly adult orientated (which is what all of his shows were originally). The episodes that aired on Saturday mornings on TV were kids stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.