Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

delvis

Lurker
Aug 18, 2014
I hope this is the right forum to ask a question like this - if not, please let me know and I'll re-post somewhere else.
My dad and I have recently been binge-ing on Endeavour, a detective show from the BBC that features a wonderful character named Fred Thursday. Thursday smoke a pipe, and it's damn fine looking pipe. My dad absolutely loves this character (which is so completely out of character for him - he's usually utterly disinterested in the TV) and I'd love to get him Thursday's pipe to add to his collection (which I must confess I know shamefully little about).
This is a pic of Thursday and his pipe:
endeavour_2101656b.jpg

Any idea what pipe it might be? I've learned so far that it's a straight billiard, and found a couple that look roughly the same. I'd love to be able to tell him that it's the same pipe that Thursday smokes though. :)
Thanks for your time - hope this isn't an inappropriate question to be asking in this forum!
Cheers!

delvis

Lurker
Aug 18, 2014
This is going to tough without seeing a specific markings. But we do love a good mystery here. I'll do some digging and maybe get lucky.
I'm trying to find a better image now. Thank you both for your interest!

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Roger Allam, Thursday in the series says he likes the props, hat , coat, pipe, but doesn't really like smoking it. But he does a convincing role as a piper. I love the series but ended I think leaving the viewers unsettled.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
From the unofficial Roger Allam site, about Fred Thursday,
"It's a wonderful role because I've done my fair share of smarmy, slightly villainous types- this is a man who's more like someone from my parents' background. He would be more or less exactly my father's age I think. He's more sort of salt-of-the-earth and good. Prepared to bend or break the rules but a strong, strong sense of what's right or wrong formed, I think, by the war- his experiences in the war. I love playing that; I wear great 60s clothes and smoke a pipe. It's brilliant."

Status
Not open for further replies.