Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I enjoy 965 but something @chasingembers said resonated with me, which is that as my palate has become more refined, I tend to prefer smoked tobacco as a condiment and not a pillar of the blend.
As such, I have started cutting English blends with a mixture of Virginias and Burleys.
To that end, I homebrew an English that is of the American style, namely including Burley along with the Virginias, and uses condimental (

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
So I wanted to revisit mm965. It's only been a month but I can definitely since my tastebuds changing some. While I'm not crazy about it I found the taste has changed from bad to interesting, very interesting in fact. There's a earthy spice in it that seems, for lack of knowledge middle eastern, incense like. With that said though I found it much smoother than in aromatic not in taste but in the sense of zero tongue bite. I used the widest bowl I own. It smoked great all the way to the bottom which also never seems to happen with my aromatics because of the goob in the bottom even when dried out. So this blend has moved from no way to, I'll for sure have another bowl sometime next week. I'm curious now of the complexity. This all being said from a still green noob.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Try it in a corncob. I like it in a briar, myself, but the corncobs add a little sweetness that you might find pleasing, especially after a diet of aromatics. I find that I like Early Morning Pipe and Royal Yacht better in a cob. Might work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.