PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Anything I should worry about if I top my cob? I bought a new general and there are 2 nice chunks missing along the top edge. I know it wont effect the smoke but it will drive me crazy to look at them. Anyone topped a cob before?

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
Yes. I've taken a quarter inch off a couple Generals. Used a band saw on one and a hacksaw on the other and it worked like a charm. It's tougher stuff than you might think though. Go for it.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
lordofthepiperings
smiley-laughing025.gif

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
If it itches, scratch it. Go for it if it bugs you. You will not be happy until you do. I know the feeling :)

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I don't know where your from lordofthepiperings but where I come from it's butter and salt. mmmm

nhpro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
My 1940's yello-bole tops that cob!
Your cob has character just the way it is, but topping it lightly can be done on a bench grinder with a fine stone wheel.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Skip the butter, salt, and pepper. Give a fresh slice of lime or lemon a try. Works wonders on good sweet corn.
Lemon or lime on sweet corn! Good God, you must be from California. The only place in the U.S. where people attending a football game eat Tofu and salad while watching a game.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Update for those that were serious in this thread. :)
You can do it but it is not easy. I think you would need to go real slow as the chunks that I was trying to get rid of are gone but now there are chips. At least the chips are much smaller. No biggie in the long run and I wouldn't do it again.
I don't eat corn on the cob. I make my wife cut off the corn like a 5 year old wants it, haha.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
Lemon or lime on sweet corn! Good God, you must be from California. The only place in the U.S. where people attending a football game eat Tofu and salad while watching a game.
Nope, I'm from Florida. Don't get me wrong, butter is fantastic I just like lemon better and find that many people have not tried this tasty treat. I imagine few people will switch to lemon as their main "topping" but it's worth an occasional try.

Status
Not open for further replies.