PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
As the thread title says, it is a sad day.
Today I received a letter stating that my package with 1kg+ (less than 1.5kg) worth of C&D tobaccos was intercepted by Customs officials and it is being destroyed. And from my interpretation, they threatened me not to attempt to buy again.

I will call the customs as to figure out if there is a loophole that I can exploit. Did anyone have similar problems?

• Sad
Reactions: bnichols23

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I’m betting Australia. From what I gather, you’re lucky they didn’t charge you with shenanigans.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
If it's any help I'd recommend finding a friend on the forum who'd be willing to receive your package and forwarding it to you to give the appearance of personal mail. Parcels shipped from companies that suggest tobacco part of the content are more likely to be intercepted.

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
If it's any help I'd recommend finding a friend on the forum who'd be willing to receive your package and forwarding it to you to give the appearance of personal mail. Parcels shipped from companies that suggest tobacco part of the content are more likely to be intercepted.
I do have an uncle in the States, but i don't know if he is willing to do it. Gonna have to ask him in the future, as i don't plan to order anytime soon. Thank god I still have a good cellar.

Reactions: UncleRasta

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I'm really lucky they didn't charge me. That is why they threatened me not to do it again and I am taking it very seriously.
The Netherlands! I guessed wrong. Tell them it‘s from Sinterklaas, maybe they’ll relent.

I admire the Dutch for many things, but rule breaking does not seem very Dutch, so I guess you’re out of luck.

Reactions: B18

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Yes, but Portugal is further. Meaning cocaine is legal.
Portugal had a huge cocaine problem and by making it legal they eliminated/drastically reduced the problem.
Or so they say. Make crime legal and suddently all criminals are no longer so, even though their behaviours don't change.

Anyways, I was being ironic. It's ridiculous that your gov't is making such a big fuss over tobacco when worse stimulants are given the OK. I'd be pissed as heck if I were in your situation: the loss of time and money. I'd be even more pissed when thinking that they're not really destroying it, but I have no proof of that, right?

Sad times to be living in.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I do have an uncle in the States, but i don't know if he is willing to do it. Gonna have to ask him in the future, as i don't plan to order anytime soon. Thank god I still have a good cellar.
Don't get panicked, let em officials write what they ever want,it is in their motivation&duty,next time you plan on ordering something I'd recommend keeping order not exceeding 250gr/5 pouches and You will likely be avoiding any hassle,moreover I don't think that Customs authorities in Holland are particularly picky''when it comes to tobacco products, though when parcel is coming from outside of the EU region it may and does always attract some interest, (we are here to collect taxes&vat)

Reactions: kurtbob and jpmcwjr

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
Or so they say. Make crime legal and suddently all criminals are no longer so, even though their behaviours don't change.

Anyways, I was being ironic. It's ridiculous that your gov't is making such a big fuss over tobacco when worse stimulants are given the OK. I'd be pissed as heck if I were in your situation: the loss of time and money. I'd be even more pissed when thinking that they're not really destroying it, but I have no proof of that, right?

Sad times to be living in.
They aren't my government. I'm an international here, but hopefully get the nationality in the future.
But yea, the monetary loss stings and the fact that they now "know" me. If I would get caught again, I think I will get a fines.

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
Don't get panicked, let em officials write what they ever want,it is in their motivation&duty,next time you plan on ordering something I'd recommend keeping order not exceeding 250gr/5 pouches and You will likely be avoiding any hassle,moreover I don't think that Customs authorities in Holland are particularly picky''when it comes to tobacco products, though when parcel is coming from outside of the EU region it may and does always attract some interest, (we are here to collect taxes&vat)
So I will call the customs agency to further inform on the procedures regarding tobacco from outside the EU. Because if I only needed to pay the VAT, than I would gladly do so; with 20% or even 70%(incl vat and other taxes) it is still viable to order from the US. I really love the robustness of the C&D blends, especially their perique blends, that EU blends don't really scratch that itch for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.