PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

beerandbaccy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 22, 2015
UK
After some desperate internet searching all the remaining stocks of some of my regular tobacco rotations have gone for good it seems. Apparently since Brexit the cost and time for tobaccos that are small sellers from EU countries, have become uneconomical, so have been discontinued. The ones I am now missing are Seven Seas (regular blend) from Denmark, (Itself a replacement for Captain Black) although all versions have been stopped, as well as Cellini Tobaccos from Italy. :cry:

Are there any others that anyone has noticed?
Does anyone have an inside track to finding these? (As far as I know no one ships these to the UK from an EU online store)

grimpeur

Lurker
Oct 30, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
After some desperate internet searching all the remaining stocks of some of my regular tobacco rotations have gone for good it seems. Apparently since Brexit the cost and time for tobaccos that are small sellers from EU countries, have become uneconomical, so have been discontinued. The ones I am now missing are Seven Seas (regular blend) from Denmark, (Itself a replacement for Captain Black) although all versions have been stopped, as well as Cellini Tobaccos from Italy. :cry:

Are there any others that anyone has noticed?
Does anyone have an inside track to finding these? (As far as I know no one ships these to the UK from an EU online store)
Sometimes pipe smoking can be heartbreaking: a favourite blend *poof!* gone without warning. In your case though, if Gawith & Hoggarth don't make it (or something really close), you don't need it. They put out a number of aromatic blends that should satisfy you, some being under the "American Blend", or some such, descriptor.

You can get your hands on all the Mahogany Flake and Revor your heart desires (and wallet allows), I feel your pain, but...I'm not overwhelmed by grief!

When shipping tobacco from the UK to Canada was allowed, I never had cause for complaint using mysmokingshop.co.uk , I suggest you drop them a line, see what they suggest.

beerandbaccy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 22, 2015
UK
Sometimes pipe smoking can be heartbreaking: a favourite blend *poof!* gone without warning. In your case though, if Gawith & Hoggarth don't make it (or something really close), you don't need it. They put out a number of aromatic blends that should satisfy you, some being under the "American Blend", or some such, descriptor.

You can get your hands on all the Mahogany Flake and Revor your heart desires (and wallet allows), I feel your pain, but...I'm not overwhelmed by grief!

When shipping tobacco from the UK to Canada was allowed, I never had cause for complaint using mysmokingshop.co.uk , I suggest you drop them a line, see what they suggest.
Thanks for the advice. will give them a go. puffy

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA

grimpeur

Lurker
Oct 30, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
When you breakaway from an organization don't be surprised if they take an action that is detrimental to your interests. Unintended consequences, eh, what.
I pretty much always let this stuff slide, but I'm driven by curiosity, so here's a question: the guy asks about how to replace a favourite, lost blend. Why would you think to make it about politics? You're not being amusing, novel, or informative...what was your intention here?

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I pretty much always let this stuff slide, but I'm driven by curiosity, so here's a question: the guy asks about how to replace a favourite, lost blend. Why would you think to make it about politics? You're not being amusing, novel, or informative...what was your intention here?
I'm just glad you've come out from the shadows of lurking. Now show us your pipes!

Cosby Mmm GIF - Cosby Mmm Bill GIFs

Reactions: Chalaw87

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Falcons. More stems and bowls then you could pointy a shaky stick at.
Nothing wrong with lurking! I like my pipes and tobaccos straight-up...once politics gets stirred in, it becomes tedious quickly. But I see the appeal: some need to vent.
Nothing wrong with lurking indeed! I just started noticing some veteran lurkers and know you guys probably have some very sweet pipes that have been for your eyes only and some of us want to ogle them too 😁