PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I was in Spokane, WA for my niece's wedding this weekend. It was being held at a place called "The Flour Mill" which consisted of a large space in the lower level suitable for weddings and receptions. The floors above contained boutique stores and restaurants.
As soon as I came in the front door I saw an array of pipes on glass shelves, on holders on the back wall and in display cases. I was thrilled! Wedding be damned! I'm going in there first! The store is called "Tobacco World". There was a small selection of tinned tobaccos and the usual array of Lane look-a-like tobaccos in jars. Tobacco prices were quite high. A tin of Early Morning Pipe was $18.00 US!
Trying to contain my excitement, I attempted to calmly chat with the proprietor. It's been a long time since I'd visited a B/M pipe store, so I was a little giddy. There was a modest supply of new pipes, but I was primarily interested in the estate pipes he had for sale so we talked about those for a bit. I really wanted a souvenir pipe from this place, so I chose a 1961 or thereabouts Barling billiard. I had been trying to get a Barling on ebay for a long time but always got outbid. It's transition period, but it looks like a very solid pipe with good grain and a huge bowl. I'm happy to have this pipe both as a reminder of Tobacco World and to support a good B&M but also to commemorate my niece's wedding day!
Before leaving I also bought a cob in case somebody in the wedding party wanted to join me in partaking of the 2 oz of Jubilee I also bought. (It's really Lane 1 Q) Turns out there was no smoking anywhere near the building so that was for naught. If they had had the wedding in Tobacco World we could have smoked in there. :D
It's a very nice little store if you are in the downtown riverfront area of Spokane.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
I agree - it's a really nice b&m. I picked up an estate Caminetto and a couple ounces of Margate there when we passed through last month. Nice people!

Status
Not open for further replies.