PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

viceroy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2010
I do, I may not be the best at it, but heck I'm a newbie and I think that a newbie looking at mine would get more out of it then a complex on. I run into langauge that I dont understand. It helps alot to pick out tobaccos or just dream of tasting some

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I do. I also use it to see if I want to try a particular blend or not and get more info about it.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I never post there. I do read some reviews. Some of the really stupid reviews are entertaining, even if they don't mean to be. For example, in reviewing a straight Virginia blend, one reviewer said he hated it because it had no Latakia. I think his screen name was Moron.

puffintuff

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2010
I haven't posted there yet but I'm glad you brought up tobaccoreviews.com, I was checking out the reviews when I clicked on their "Hall Of Fame" link. Prince Albert came in 5th, beating out hundreds, if not thousands of blends and "withstood the test of time and changing tastes, to become benchmarks by which all other tobacco blends are measured". Not bad for $4.50 a pouch.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I've posted about a few blends. I think I've posted more reviews here, though.
-Jason
*edit- spelling...

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
I am a poster of reviews there, I have done quite a few of them. Way up in the hundreds. I enjoy writing reviews and posting them. it is my goal to have tried and reviewed as many blends as possible before I go to the pipe shop in the sky.

ryepipe

Lurker
Aug 31, 2010
I have posted a few. I have relied on the more frequent posters to help in decision making. Like anything else it is prudent to be familiar with the reviewer and understand their biases but there is no substitute for the history of experience.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
My guess is you're doing an article on it. At least, that's your M.O. when you ask us to raise our hands for something... :lol:
-Jason

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
The e-mag here is going to add a tobacco review department; :?:

and :worship: Bob will be in charge; and start pulling down a hefty salary :lol:

teddy

Lurker
Oct 17, 2010
I ONLY GO THERE AND READ THEM, BUT I MUST SAY THE ONE'S THAT DO POST THERE DO A OUTSTANDING JOB . AND I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THEM ALL.

TEDDY

Status
Not open for further replies.