PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
I just got an order from smokingpipes! Orlik, SG best brown flake, Reiner, GLP navigator, C&D chestnuts, veermaster, EMP and nitecap, erik stokkebys 1855, escudo navy! Also got a small green lampe berger and 6 scents.
I am smoking the 1855 now, and it is fantastic. Very smooth and sweet, with a full creamy mouthfeel. Probably my favorite VA to date.
Also, the lampe berger seems to work great! (At least on food smells) i lit it after dinner amd it smells great in here. I will have to see if it smells like pipe later or not.
20130104_185743.jpg

20130104_185459.jpg

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Gray you can make your own oil, buy 91% isopropanol , I bought a 32oz bottle for less than 4$ I had ordered some essential oils, little bottle of brown sugar/fig for 5$ and made my own oil, worked great and a lot cheaper , they said approx 12 drops per 16 oz, that was way too low, wound up putting 50 drops in. 32 oz bottle, lot more oil left in little oil bottle , lot cheaper and works good. The old cajun

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
Cajun, I appreciate that. I had heard that mixing your own was pretty easy and a lot cheaper. I just bought a couple samplers to try out at first, but I will definitely look into mixing my own, thanks!
And the pipe is a Luciano Pease/di Piazza "chubby dublin" Smoking pipes has one in a darker finish for sale now.
I like it a lot and have since bough a short Luciano bulldog too

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Very nice haul. I wanna give one of those Lampe Berger lamps a try sometime.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Agreed. You've got some good taste Gray.
Once you get into some of those blends you'll have to give us the cliff notes.

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
Thanks guys. I will give out a heads up on the lampe, I may shut myself in a small room and smoke it it up to test it, lol!
I will try mixing my own oil too, I got 91% alcohol and scents for about $10. Cedar, peppermint, and cinnamon!
And Roth, I know! ;) thanks

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Well I ordered one of those lamps, got a couple oils to mix, and a replacement stone/wick that I'm going to make a DIY old school one for my cave out of all the junk I have.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
Great haul . I also make oil for my wifes lamps . We have a couple Lamp bergers , and 4 or 5 Lamp Orleans [ same type of lamp . You can buy all the stuff you need to make your scents at walmart . I also bought some replacement stones and wicks and made lamps with antique bottles for my shop . Post some reviews on those blends , I havent tried the new E.S. 4th generation 1855 .

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
I also bought some replacement stones and wicks and made lamps with antique bottles for my shop .
Id love to see some of those!
I highly recommend the 1855. I have had a bowl every day this weekend. There is a review on the pipesmagazine home page that pretty much nails it. But, if you enjoy a naturally sweet VA, then you have to give it a try. The room and tin notes are excellent, slightly sweet and hay. It'd be a great morning smoke, or an after dinner smoke if you want something sweet and kind of light. And for a VA, it is very easy to smoke. I haven't had it bite yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.