PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundsar

Might Stick Around
Nov 22, 2010
I recently acquired a several bags (2 oz) of tobacco. It appears that I managed to not get one of the bags closed properly and the tobacco inside has dried out. What is the best way to recover from my mistake (rehydrate) or is this a case of live,learn and close the *&^^ bag next time?
Thanks for any information.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Put it in a bowl and cover the bowl with a damp paper towel, keep re-dampening the towel until its rehydrated. Dont let the towel touch the tobacco tho.

yorkshirepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Completely agree with what Chris said, also I prefer when re-wetting the towel, to give the tobacco a shake around, allows more of it in contact with the moistness.
I don't get the whole "fruit" argument personally, I don't like the idea of putting an apple in my tobacco

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
There was a disscussion on the apple slice in the jar on here a few days ago, it was pretty unanimous a bad idea. I think I agree with that since fruit molds...

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The other key is to use distilled water so no chemicls are introduced to the tobacco. I keep a spray bottle of that for rehydrating my tobacco and it seems to work well.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Everyone on the forum gave their 2 cents on re-hydration on this thread:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/re-hydration

Status
Not open for further replies.