PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

robs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2010
Decisions,decisions! I have been in the process of selling off some pipes that I have never really got on with and will be using the funds to replace them with something rather more to my liking. Sadly, I will not be making enough from these sales to do what I would ideally like, having a pipe commissioned.
For whatever reason, I am what I gather is described as a wet smoker. Therefore, the Peterson System Pipes have always been my saviour. BUT, I really would like to try something totally different, just for a change. I am very drawn towards some of the Mario Grandis that I see both here and on ebay and there is also a supplier in the Ukraine who has a couple of Tomato shapes that keep catching my eye. Normally, I favour Bents as in the Pete 303 etc, but I feel that I would like something totally new to try. I have tried various Filter Pipes, but have yet to find one that worked for me, usually discarding the Filters and continuing to smoke without.
So what are your thoughts and recommendations Gentlemen? I am UK based, if that makes any difference at all?
Thank You
Rob

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
Take a look at Blakemar. They do some nice work, are located in the UK and have some nice pricing. I've heard nothing but good reports about them.
http://home.btconnect.com/blakemar/

thesandpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2010
Hi Rob,

I would hope to sway you from your proposed course of action and suggest that you either purchase or commission a higher grade Peterson pipe.It would at least give your Peterson experience a more rounded trial.IMHO your experience of the humble entry level systems, are no real comparison to what the real Peterson experience is.

If you are, as you state, willing to purchase a commissioned pipe,you could easily afford one of the higher end Pete's.This UK e-tailer can source any of the higher grade Petes.

http://www.brucciani-ltd.co.uk/

Food for thought.

Regards

Jim

robs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2010
Thank you Chuck and Jim, my Good Lady has "told" me that I "will" be buying another Peterson. So, maybe time to move from a Standard System?
Thank You

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.