PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
This is a KB&B Borlum I bought on eBay. Does this look like it needs to be bent more? If so, can I aim a hairdryer at the bendy part and then bend it with gloves on or something? I’ve read through forum posts on this so I know it comes up a lot. Actually, I’m afraid of damaging it. I don’t have it yet. What do you think from this picture? Thanks folks!IMG_2739.jpeg

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
No, that’s about the right amount of bend for that pipe.
That’s wonderful to hear and a relief. It might also be the angle of the photo that gave me the idea it was wrong. BTW: do these have a metal pipe inside them - do you know? Thanks. I guess these were fairly cheap pipes at the time. Have you had one?

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
This is a KB&B Borlum I bought on eBay. Does this look like it needs to be bent more? If so, can I aim a hairdryer at the bendy part and then bend it with gloves on or something? I’ve read through forum posts on this so I know it comes up a lot. Actually, I’m afraid of damaging it. I don’t have it yet. What do you think from this picture? Thanks folks!View attachment 296626
Sweet, looks fine to me.

• Love
Reactions: milk
Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
That’s wonderful to hear and a relief. It might also be the angle of the photo that gave me the idea it was wrong. BTW: do these have a metal pipe inside them - do you know? Thanks. I guess these were fairly cheap pipes at the time. Have you had one?
I don’t believe the Borlum had a stem liner or inner-tube but anything is possible.

Reactions: milk
Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
This is a KB&B Borlum I bought on eBay. Does this look like it needs to be bent more? If so, can I aim a hairdryer at the bendy part and then bend it with gloves on or something? I’ve read through forum posts on this so I know it comes up a lot. Actually, I’m afraid of damaging it. I don’t have it yet. What do you think from this picture? Thanks folks!View attachment 296626
Milk, is this an orific bit ?