PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I liked Leon Redbone's Christmas tape, but yes, it was a cassette, so you have to have the old time gear. He's probably available from the cloud or bluetooth etc., but I haven't tracked him there yet. Generous gesture, sablebrush. But we do depend on your inner curmudgeon (and good info) too.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Right time to get a stonehaven pipe, probably easier to find than stonehaven :)

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Nutcracker, Stonehaven are Scottish pipes that could be had for little money from a tobacconist back in the day.

My swipe at irony regarding stonehaven,its price and availability :)

Mind you I'm just thinking its Halloween, time for trick or treat. Ah feck sablebrush is sending out clan....

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The bag has been divided into equal amounts as best as I could. I don't have a scale, so I made sure that there were an equal number of flakes in each stack. As it turned out, there weren't enough flakes to make 8 equal piles, so I added a couple from my stash to even it out. If one of you notices that a couple of flakes have been cut in half width wise, which I did to stuff a short jar, you got those. And you might notice that they're nicely dusted with sugar.
I'll send these out on Monday.

Dec 24, 2012
I hope you guys know that it's all bullshit. Jesse is pressing some lawn clippings into flakes and telling you it's Stonehaven. He pulled the same shit last year.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Nice, Peck.
You get the Best Laugh of the Week Award.
Good on you, Sable. Unlike some of the jealous, viperous assholes on this forum I've never found you curmudgeonly. You are crusty - in the best possible Walter sort of way - but you've always been willing to share your extensive knowledge of English burners and Burley smokes.
I'll be sending results of my tobacco survey in the next few days.
Fnord

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
I'm continually blown away by thie kindness of the members here. Glad to be part of such a great community.

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
Got here too late, but thanks a lot, Sable (and mystery donor)! It's always heartwarming to witness this community's generosity.

matches

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2015
Dunedin, NZ
This is a very noble act. Missed out on the timing but really glad to be part of a board where something like this happens. Props to you, Sable.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Thanks, guys. And thanks especially to the donor. I'd been thinking about a Penzanace give away but I'm concerned that it would get smashed to bits in an envelope and doing proper packing and boxing job would be both time consuming and expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.