PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Finally walked out of the factory that I have wanted to leave for the last time mere minutes ago. 4.5 years there, and though I'm thankful I had the job for that time I have not enjoyed it. Poured myself a nip of 18 yr Laphroaig to celebrate. No tobacco just yet as I need to get some rest and don't have time for a pipe at the moment. Going to spend a few days celebrating with the wife before starting my new job on Monday. During that time there should be lots of great tobacco smoked I have no doubt, and more fine spirits to drink as well. Must greet this new chapter in my book properly...

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
It's a great feeling to leave a job you don't enjoy. Best of luck in your new one! :clap:

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Thanks fellas, I'm extremely excited to be away from it already. Ready to begin this celebration as well

B

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Funny, but some of those "awful" jobs end up being memorable. The Navy during the Vietnam War was conflicted

and grim, but a lot of the people and places are fixed in my memory. Later, I had an often boring job with the

Veteran's Administration, as it was then called, but I spent a lot of time with a colleague who was a Hawaiian Islander,

with this oral tradition whereby he shared a lot of his culture with me, better than a course in Hawaiian history and

culture. I later had work more in line with my education and interests, but I didn't come out of those other jobs

empty handed. Hope this new job fills your expectations and leads good places.

Status
Not open for further replies.