PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Paterfumeus

Lurker
Sep 9, 2023
In case you haven't noticed, the site's search function doesn't always yield the best results. Google, however, has a site search function that allows you to search just one given site. Just type site:pipesmagazine.com/forums into Google before whatever you're searching for.

For example, here's what happened when I googled "site:pipesmagazine.com/forums breaking in a cob" into Google:

1696095869435.png

For comparison, here's what comes up when you use the site's search function to look up "breaking in a cob":

1696095942332.png

I hope this helps other newbies find what they're looking for.

Jbrewer2002

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2023
Somerset Ohio
I find that searching the very words that I used here but on Google without the addition of the domaine usually ends up suggesting results from Smoking Magazine. I like the idea of being able to force it to search this site though. Thanks for the tip.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I find that searching the very words that I used here but on Google without the addition of the domaine usually ends up suggesting results from Smoking Magazine. I like the idea of being able to force it to search this site though. Thanks for the tip.
It doesn't matter in what order are the words, and you need only "pipesmagazine" not the whole enchilada for your Google search.

Jbrewer2002

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2023
Somerset Ohio
It doesn't matter in what order are the words, and you need only "pipesmagazine" not the whole enchilada for your Google search.
I didn’t think the order would matter but it’s good to know just the word Pipesmagazine works as well. Thanks!

P.s. I just realized I called it smoking magazine and not pipes magazine in my previous post 🤦‍♂️