PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazzeh

Lurker
Sep 8, 2016
Hi All,
Has anyone ever come across a blend or brand of tobacco (tin or pouch) that features a dragon on the packaging?
A search of Google has not brought up anything real... they all look like they're just blank tins with a dragon sticker on it. I'm curious if there are any actual "dragon" blends out there.
Odd question, but I'm curious. :)
Cheers,

Maz

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
003-676-0003.jpg

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
Tsuge has a tobacco called Ryujin, that has a dragon on the tin. In fact, all the tsuge tin art really cool.

mazzeh

Lurker
Sep 8, 2016
Now these are awesome. Especially Smaug's weed, I love it. Thank you for the photos of it, clickklick - and for showing me the other tins too guys.
Will have to see if I can find them on eBay. Hopefully Hearth & Home Cerberus and Tsuge won't be too hard to find either.
chasingembers, that's beautiful. Probably the most detailed Zippo I've ever seen. You're real lucky. :D

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Cerberus is the three-headed hellhound that protects the denizens of Hades from escaping. I chose the name because it has Latakia, Perique and dark-fired Kentucky in it.
Russ

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
In the earliest description of Cerberus, Hesiod's Theogony (c. 8th – 7th century BC), Cerberus has fifty heads, while Pindar (c. 522 – c. 443 BC) gave him one hundred heads.
A challenge for you Russ, can you come up with a blend with 100 different kinds of leaf? :wink:
Regards,
Jay.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Mazzeh, may I ask how you came about liking dragons? My friends mother has a large collection of statutes and things of dragons, so I was just curious.

mazzeh

Lurker
Sep 8, 2016
A challenge for you Russ, can you come up with a blend with 100 different kinds of leaf?
He could probably do it, but wouldn't that be too overwhelming to your palette?

mazzeh

Lurker
Sep 8, 2016
Mazzeh, may I ask how you came about liking dragons? My friends mother has a large collection of statutes and things of dragons, so I was just curious.
G'day didimauw, my like of dragons came about from developing a few as characters in stories I used to write when I was in my teens (based on anime with them in it). I have a few statues and things, but not too many. :)

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"wouldn't that be too overwhelming to your palette?"
I wouldn't want to paint with it Mazz, just to smoke it though I'm not sure my palate would be capable of detecting all the components :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

mazzeh

Lurker
Sep 8, 2016
I wouldn't want to paint with it Mazz, just to smoke it though I'm not sure my palate would be capable of detecting all the components.
I really should have picked that up. Oops!

Status
Not open for further replies.