PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
"...The FDA has decided that it needs to define a tobacco product as any product that is 'derived from tobacco that is intended for human consumption.'"
This is mostly likely about ensuring they have jurisdiction over e-liquids.
One can only hope that's the reason.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
All you had to say was FDA.
We need John Galt, Tyler.
And I'm with kanaia, looks to be the case.

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
“Money is the barometer of a society’s virtue. When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion–when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing–when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors–when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you–when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice–you may know that your society is doomed. Money is so noble a medium that does not compete with guns and it does not make terms with brutality. It will not permit a country to survive as half-property, half-loot” - Yet another...well done Ayn Rand quote
Gotta love it. For those who don't know what we're talking about. Go pick up a copy of Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
We need John Galt, Tyler.
The origin of Rand's ideas can be found in the more broad-reaching work of Fred Nietzsche.
I have learned to be very wary of the term "in your best interests" over the years. FDA falls under that.
Yes, if we allowed anyone to purchase any chemicals they wanted, Some!People!Might!Die! but I think we need more people to die if they are incompetent to that degree. Sort of like instead of sending money to The Poor(tm), we should encourage them to rise above that state and let Darwin take care of those who cannot.
When I think of government, I think of armies and roads. We've basically privatized the first, and the second can't be far behind.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I would provide my definition of F.D.A. but it might not be socially acceptable to some. The middle word with be either douches or dumb you can fill in your favorite for the other two.
Deathmetal - I may have to agree with your comment about society and government but I would change it to culture and organized government. Even Native American tribes had leaders and when a group has leaders and followers then you have a loosely defined system of government in my opinion.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
origin of Rand's ideas
Yea, they were both Atheist and Despised Altruisim. That's about as far as it goes.

Ayn Rand and Nietzsche stand up on their own, no need to elaborate further.

Status
Not open for further replies.