PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.

Every Canadian cigarette will soon carry a health warning​

1 fags 2.jpg

I should imagine the powers that be will be scratching their heads to come up with something equally extreme for pipes & pipe tobacco.

BTW, I had to look up 'tipping paper', never come across that one before.

Regards,

Jay.

Mortamyhr

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2023
Nashville, TN
I’m sure the labels on the package have worked to some extent. And they are less annoying than the people that constantly say “you know smoking is bad for you, right?” Etc. but it’s 2023. Smokers know what they are doing and know the consequences. Sure, some are taking the gamble that they will be one of the people that smokes into their 90’s and dies of non related causes. And some of us know and accept that we all end up in the dirt one way or another. But labeling the actual filter is overkill imo.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Canada: "Smoking kills... Poison every puff!"

Also Canada: "Instead of treatment for your illness, have you considered assisted suicide?"
Yes, the government's evil plan to save money on health care and social assistance by offering death instead of help, which is projected to kill more than 40× as many Canadians as second hand smoke this year. puffy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
So I reached into my box of six donuts and grabbed the chocolate glazed custard filled donut and bit into it, only to find a postcard sized insert folded up inside that I picked off my lower lip and read.

It said, "Hands off the donuts fat boy. Empty calories shorten your life."

I felt so good that someone cared about my health.