PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Only being able to smoke outside and at work unless my wife is not home for a few hours and then I get to smoke on the patio. Also not being able to finish a bowl especially when it's really good and is a sample from someone. I always use the old rolled up pipe cleaner to save my bowls for later, them I hate having to stop mid smoke and smother the bowl which sometimes just doesn't want to go out.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I don't hate any of it. That's much too strong a word. There are some annoyances, sure, but that's the way life is.
And, IMO, if you can't use DGT on a bowl you don't have time to finish, you're smoking the wrong blends. :puffy:

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I can only smoke outdoors. That's probably the biggest bummer about pipe smoking right now. Some nights aren't too bad, but it can get pretty cold on others. But even when I can't finish one I know I can return to it tomorrow and it'll be just as good.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I pretty much smoke whenever I feel like it and usually uninterupted. But, I'd have to say the gurgle sucks, but not terribly.
-Jason

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I don't hate any of it. That's much too strong a word.
Well said by jud! Yes the errant flying ember is annoying and I'm not to fond of cleaning pipes but smoke so little cleanings are far and few between.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
Gurgle is the only thing that really annoys me. Fortunately it doesn't happen too often.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
The only thing I hate is the smell smoking leaves in the house the next day. Even I don't like it - let alone my wife and kids (who are tolerating my smoking so far, but I know they are not loving it).
After the kids have gone to bed I enjoy smoking my pipe while watching TV or reading a book while my wife enjoys some tea. I really don't want to smoke in the basement or outside when it's 5 degrees! Been trying different ideas on this problem - will see...

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
Check out a small Ozone machine Six, it does clean the air like nothing else.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Check out a small Ozone machine Six, it does clean the air like nothing else.
Thanks lazydog. I have looked at those but they're very expensive and was nervous about spending that much and not have it work.
Is there one you've tested and can recommend?

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
I can't say anything bugs me about it tbh. It's pretty much the most fun i get with my clothes on!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
what is this pipe cleaning ya all are talking about?
lol!
I am fanatic about cleaning my pipes - can't help it - the way I was made. I treat all my things with extra care.

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
Six....I have a little 6x6" PROZONE ozone that cleans out a living room quite well. About 50$ as I remember. Do not know where I purchased it, but it is great. Perhaps a google search will yield some options. Really worth the money. Have had it for at least 6 years. I would advise buying a new one, not used..... I just checked Amazon & my unit they have for 111$,I think I got a closeout.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I do not enjoy cleaning my pipes every morning from the day before. It usually rakes 6 pipe cleaners per pipe for a routine cleaning. I hate doing the everclear and hard core cleaning so I make my 2 sons do those once a week, they each have to do 5 pipes on the weekend. I also hate getting a mouthful of hot ash at the end of the bowl, I end up eating ash at least a couple times a week because I smoke all the way down and it tastes so good I try and get that last little bit.

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
I hate it when you're just about at the end of a tin and left with only 1/4 of a bowl's worth of baccy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.