PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

micdabutcher

Might Stick Around
Jun 20, 2013
Australia
G'day guys. Can anyone tell me if the MM cobs in the grab bag have stems or do I have to order them separately? I'm in Perth, Western Australia and the only MM Cob I could find locally is around $30!

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
I love my cobs and I tend to reach for them first. I treat them like real pipes, but I see the stems they come with as disposable and easily replaced. I also love how they color over time.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Hello Micdabutcher! They come with stems.
Personally I only like Virginia based tobacco in them, but I always have some laying about.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I have three cobs, and bought a P-lip forever stem. It is very nice, as I like the P-lip on my Petersons. I also enjoy EMP best in a cob. The forever stem for the filter pipe is not drilled for a filter, btw, but I haven't drawn any ash through it.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Still waiting on the Santia to arrive, but these are what I could find today :lol:
e62e949e-2970-44cd-8bcb-91db26cc2669_zps455ec078.jpg

rhurd1

Lurker
Mar 30, 2013
Just bought my first MM cob today, starting to second guess why I spent 120:00 on a stanwell a few weeks ago.

Also , where do you get forever stems?

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Enough can not be said about MM Cobs, IMHO thye are the finest smoking device I have used and the price can not be beat. I do have a few briars but they very rarely get smoked. When I have a smoke I want it to be the best experience possible and I only find that in a MM Cob.

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
Just had a cob full of a vanilla blend from E.A. Carry.. got a replacement stem ordered for my Great Dane egg.. got a Eaton ordered and a couple of them mini hardwood ones ordered for fast break time smokes.. love em

micdabutcher

Might Stick Around
Jun 20, 2013
Australia
My grab bag of MM cobs arrived today. I'm pretty stoked. There's a nice variety and I have a weeks' rotation all of a sudden! I can't believe I got 10 for what it would cost me for 1 here in OZ. Can't wait to spark 1 up tomorrow.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
For some reason, I can only get a good smoke out of a cob when I'm smoking McClelland's Black Shag. I love my briars, but when it comes to some camping and some fishing, I think cobs are the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.