PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
I can't watch the video due to my location. Is it the method where you line the flake up vertically then trim the ends off? I've never cube-cut but will do soon. I vastly prefer flakes and only reluctanty buy rubbed or ribboned tobacco. Also I like a loosely broken flake.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Glad everyone is enjoying/learning from this video. I agree Shaintiques, I love learning from this site.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I just tried this with bulk ODF and the folding results were so-so. I had the flake to my preferred level of dryness, the folded OK but kind of broke apart with the rolling part. Still, I was able to get a some what managed pack into my Peterson ebony 106.
I am with masspiper in that I seem to get my best results from rubbing flakes into a nice shag. Cube cutting never seems to do it for me and have had mixed results stuffing a whole flake into a bowl. This method seemed to work better, so maybe there is hope for me yet.
Thanks for posting the link, Dan!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
No worries Mike. Again, I am glad I could share something that folks are finding helpful. I had a bowl of Astley's 44 using this method and it was sublime. I am a HUGE fan of this.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
@yazamitaz funny you say that I just had a bowl of Astley's No. 109 using this method and it was awesome!

sladeburns

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2013
I'll give this a shot! I've been pretty hit and miss with flakes so far. It is wonderful when the stars align and everything works.

Status
Not open for further replies.