The (Un)Official Secret Santa 2018 Thread!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
giphy.gif

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
How about you Dan? If not, I've got a feeling you'll get something...eventually.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
After a week in Orlando, the family and I arrived home last night to find a USPS call tag waiting for us. Package from Malaysia...hmmm? Which of my many Malaysian friends could this be from? There was an attempted delivery the day before Christmas, but surely, this couldn't have anything to do with that, could it?
2v2EapTCVx3L6Bn.jpg
Lo and Behold, a very timely gift from my Secret Santa, Jamban! Beautifully wrapped, carefully packaged, including a wonderful hand-painted card made by his wife...
2v2EapT4Lx3L6Bn.jpg
And what to my wondering eyes did appear?
2v2EapTmDx3L6Bn.jpg
Two blends that are impossible to find here in the US. I've never had the Hampton Flake, and the last time that I had a tin of Brown Sugar was three years ago. Very nice!
Now, look what those tins are resting on. Jamban tells me that it is a Kain Pelikat. I assume that it is either something used to train elephants to play chess, or a tradition piece of Malaysian clothing. He promises to fill me in on it later.
Jamban, thank you for the very thoughtful and personal gift. It was my best Christmas gift this year.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Thanks for the compliments, folks. But I will not rest, nor will I shuffle off this ridiculous avatar, until all packages are home, safe and sound!
Anyone else beside Javan? That’s a postal service issue. It was mailed promptly.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
Sorry for the delayed post but I came home from staying with family to find my secret santa box. I was generously gifted a tin of Esoterica Dunbar (my first actual tin of Esoterica all my own) and a 100 gram tin of Roper's Roundels, which I had previously commented my admiration of and desire to try. I am very grateful to my secret santa and to our santa organizer Woodsroad.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Linclnsbark, I’m glad that the Secret Santa worked out so well for you.
Now, WTF are Roper’s Roundels? Never heard of it! Got pix?

Status
Not open for further replies.