The (Un)Official PipesMagazine Secret Santa Thread 2022!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
That's the Christmas spirit!!! Let one of those states come after me for breaking a law in their pathetic states. What, they gonna come to Alabama to get me? Ha ha.
This is a really good point.
A resident of state "A" does not fall under the jurisdiction of state "B." State "B" has no authority to tell resident of state "A" not to mail something to resident of state "B."
But neither can state "B" tell its resident not to receive what is mailed by resident of state "A," because reception is passive. How can you make a person responsible for what is done to him?
So the only thing that state "B" could do is criminalize possession within its jurisdiction. But, state "B" has not done this -- it is not criminal to possess tobacco within state "B."
So nobody is under any obligation not to mail tobacco to anybody else.

This is a really good point.
A resident of state "A" does not fall under the jurisdiction of state "B." State "B" has no authority to tell resident of state "A" not to mail something to resident of state "B."
But neither can state "B" tell its resident not to receive what is mailed by resident of state "A," because reception is passive. How can you make a person responsible for what is done to him?
So the only thing that state "B" could do is criminalize possession within its jurisdiction. But, state "B" has not done this -- it is not criminal to possess tobacco within state "B."
This is why many businesses still mail tobaccos to those areas. Some have chosen to stop, but the ones that still do say, as I have said, what can a state that I will never go to or live in do to me? But, if you do, just be sure never to drive through those states, because one traffic stop could lead to arrest.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Unless of course you signed up for Secret Santa 2022:

6yf137.jpg

"all costs" means just that, purchase and shipping of said tobacco of course, but also fines, jail time, bail, lawyer and court costs, punative damages, mental anguish, physical abnormalities, skinny bones, birth defects (both pre and post birth), gangrene, allergic reactions, carpal tunnel amnesia, amnesia, long term memory loss, short term memory loss, allergic reactions, carpal tune amnesia, amnesia, long term memory loss, and gout.

;)

If any of you guys are seriously concerned let me know.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Can I be matched with cosmic if he is digging into his McClellands stash
I can assure you the matching process is entirely random

hysterical-laughter.gif

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
6vmnge.jpg

creative-modern-logo-design-racing-number-86-700-270350090.jpg

We have 86 sign-ups so far!

Woodsroad
coming to_falling too
B.Fee
Peter Turbo
HawkeyeLinus
Infantry23
jaytex1969
Trouttimes
scloyd
ben88
YoMamma
Username
ChonkyTonks
Cosmicfolklore
Streeper541
jguss
TheIronMonkey
SoliDeoGloria86
Puffaluffaguss
captainsousie
Honkytonk Man
dcrguns
DanWil84
vates
Western Isles
Masterblaster
Lightxmyfire
Chilllucky
SBC
Bullet08
sablebrush52
FLDRD
jndyer
Brewfan
pipingfool
AJL67
BluegrassBrian
Condorlover1
Simplicity
CohibaJoe
Michigan_Bill
CoffeeAndBourbon
Ryan
otm
Copernicuslyrun
eslavs
mtwaller
edger
Dr. Van Loafer
clynch
timt
Tmcg81
jwesthurl
andret
Swiss Army Knife
Marc75
Jacob74
Monty55
LotusEater
weezell
Tar Wheel
CRASHtheGREY
Amarkey
SpookedPiper
J-Evverrett
Sgetz
mikethompson
spicy_boiii
Huckleberry
Spartacus
PipeIT
Donutluvr
UncleRasta
AppalachianPiper92
Humblepipe
Jwebb90
KaunThePiper
simong
B.Lew
TN Jed
TheDesertPiper
keith929
d4k23
originalnutcracker
Spinkle
Lucky695

You know the drill by now, if you see your name, you are ready to go, if not, you haven't filled out the form. This is a really great turnout so far, but there is still about a month left to go before the cutoff.

Andre_T

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 17, 2018
Long Island, New York
Unless of course you signed up for Secret Santa 2022:

View attachment 177461

"all costs" means just that, purchase and shipping of said tobacco of course, but also fines, jail time, bail, lawyer and court costs, punative damages, mental anguish, physical abnormalities, skinny bones, birth defects (both pre and post birth), gangrene, allergic reactions, carpal tunnel amnesia, amnesia, long term memory loss, short term memory loss, allergic reactions, carpal tune amnesia, amnesia, long term memory loss, and gout.

;)

If any of you guys are seriously concerned let me know.
Always read the fine print. Gentlemen, We're fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.