PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Thank you for your interest. There are a number of possibilities as to what could be done with this rare acquisition. I could rehydrate each of the bars and then slowly smoke my way through the only one of its kind and make you lot watch by posting the occasional update picture of my progress. I could put the package in a glass case in a very small room and sit and look at it whilst playing with myself. I could give out seven bars to my seven best friends in the whole world. On second thoughts thats just a really bad idea so lets scratch that one. I could sell each bar off through Pipe Stud thus netting a fabulous profit and paying an equally great commission and then take the cash and with my new found riches trawl the world for another package of War Horse Bars. My general inclination is to do very little of anything other than use pictures of the bundle on the company website.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
Yeah, if you open the package it will never be the same again.
I'd say it's a truly unique artifact you've got right there.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Simon I was kind of hoping you would leave the bundle as it is. Hell it's been close to 50 years since it was made. Lots of photos with similar pieces from the era would be too cool.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Ah hell. You all can look at pictures of pipe tobacco all day long on the internet. Pipe tobacco is for smoking not for looking at. How bout you send them my way and I'll take fabulous pictures of them and send em to you while I sit back and enjoy the smoke those lil plugs produce.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Hawky454 it will be a major project to rehydrate these plugs. I am not saying it cannot be done as I did it with one of the original War Horse samples we had which gave out that delightful 'old meter cupboard and musty rain coat' taste in the retro-inhale when smoked. Knowing now what I know about the composition of these plugs you also have to be very careful since they have a way of developing their own colonies of penicillin when rehydrated. Dan had to run one through an S&S Plane to remove the mold on one that was sent down to crash dummy I mean Jim Inks for comparison with the new SToP version in his review. Lets not even talk about mouse piss here on the late 1970s War Horse Bars since out of a complete box we were able to salvage and rehydrate just two bars the rest having been eaten by Irish mice in the ensuing 40 odd years. Tobacco archeology was never going to be easy when you are trying to do the pipe tobacco equivalent of Jurassic Park! :rofl:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I understand! I'm just messin with ya! Whether ya smoke em or synthesize LSD with them or just keep them to look at is up to you, just as long is it makes you happy, I'll be happy. : )

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
HOLY CARP!!

Nate, you thought you were posting on your aquatics forum didn't you? I bet someone over there at fishtankforum.com is puzzled as to why you told them to 'stick that in your pipe and smoke it'.
On a related and equally irrelevant rabbit trail, one time I got my friends little fish tank pump up and running again, partly by running pipe cleaners through the gunked up parts...

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Well gents thank you for all your kind comments on my most interesting find. If and when I decide to rehydrate these bars I will be sure to let everyone know!

Status
Not open for further replies.