36 Fresh Chacom Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the time, I was attracted to this unique and creative play on the classic bulldog shape, and I do enjoy the way it smokes. But I have had friends tell me that it looks like a steaming wad of dookie on a stick in my teeth. So, this one of my beater pipes now, reserved for working out in the field or fishing.

nordingpipenor1278a.jpg

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
This Wally Frank pot (Pipe of the Month). I'm not particularly fond of the pot shape and had to cut and reshape the stem down since it was chipped. BUT, it smokes very nice and has a huge bowl. I like Frog Morton in this pipe.

But its ugly to me.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I don't have any more ugly pipes – I gave them all to Brad, Peck and Durham on the condition that they categorically deny that they ever received anything from me.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I ditched my ugly pipes, I hated my two Dr Grabow Grand Dukes with the carved flames. I have one pipe now that I'm not a huge fan of the way it looks, but it is a military band (a personal favorite feature) and it smokes well. I can overlook its unattractive finish for its $20 price tag.

Dec 24, 2012
So, why doe a fella buy an ugly pipe?
A trucker goes into a whore house and hands the Madam five hundred dollars.
He says, "I want your ugliest woman and a bologna sandwich."
The Madam says, "For that kind of money, you could have one of my finest girls and and a Filet Mignon."
The trucker says, "I'm not horny, I'm homesick."

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've posted pictures of this Harcourt a few times here. It's hard to believe that it was made by Preban Holm, but it was. This was when Dunhill wanted to go for a different market. Strange beast.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
The ugly pipes I've had were part of estate lots that had pipes I didn't think we're ugly. That is why they are gone now, packaged with other non-favorites and sold off in lot form. The one I own now that I wouldn't deem attractive (but not ugly either) was a buyers remorse situation : thought it looked ok (price tag, Italian make and military band sold me) but when I got it I was just disappointed in it. It smokes well and it isn't ugly.

harlockfan

Might Stick Around
May 8, 2014
@cosmicfolklore--- Honestly I really am not a fan of bulldogs, but that is really a good looking pipe. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but that one is a looker.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Mine would have to be this pipe I made out of a no name pipe, that I carved in some cracks, a piece of copper tube and an new, unused old stem I had laying around. Yes it's my frankenpipe, but strangely enough it smokes pretty nice! Go figure, right?

img_0154-600x418.jpg

novicemaker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 12, 2014
wow, yea the harcout is a dog lovers best friend if it ever fails to please smoken wise then clean it and play toss with your dog.
the unreal tournament 2 pipe lol is a 2nd place and the franken pipe rounds the corner and takes 3rd. there we have it folks this contest of wills, sweat and bravery has ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.