PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
SDCowboy..+1

Jud.. I remember when you were a moderator here & sent me a message of how I broke the rules, very diplomatically & proper, always respected that because I had web Nazis from elsewhere earlier in life make me want to crawl through the wire. You were great.

Bradley...always a gentleman

Kevin. Thank you.

PS.. never knock pizza.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Nate and Tim, an evening out with friends is a good start.
I've dipped my toes into too many similar threads, and ended up covered in tar. It's taken me a while to realize that internet troll engagement is pretty pointless. Someone new shows up and starts looking for chains to yank, and like the imperialist running dog pipe smoking elitists that we are, we take up the gauntlet. Why?
That and the fact that I've been kind of overtaken by other issues in my life, and it makes this recent unpleasantness here at PM seem rather unimportant (to me). We have a great forum here, no need to answer every misplaced tirade that comes down the pike.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Jeepers!
I think it's safe to say that the calming properties of smoking a pipe are VASTLY overrated.
My dad taught me never to get in a fight with a guy that just want's to bleed on your shoes. I take this same approach with trolls.
PS-I learned that ass kicking and ball punching rarely cause blood loss.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
"Always look on the bright side of life!" (refrain to be sung many times over)
At least two long time lurkers have spoken up, and that's a good thing! Keep 'em coming, gents!

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I'm deeply disturbed by the elitist attitude I've seen exhibited in this thread. Tomorrow morning, I'll be flying to Puerto Rico- I'll take my hand-made Panama hat, my 1953 Dunhill, my lovely supermodel wife, some 5 year old Stonehaven, and will be sitting on the stern of a client's $6m Viking yacht enjoying all of the above. I will say a prayer for all of you that you can find some much needed peace and humility in your life...:) (hey- and in all seriousness- Greta and I have been working too much lately-can't wait to get up to Chicago for the pipe show in May to catch up with everyone...)

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Me I'm going down to the camp in my 14 ft Aluminuim flat, wearing some clean overalls, got my John Deere Mesh hat on, bringing my General cob, big handful of Carter Hall that I put loose in top bib zipper pocket, also helps keep the Mosquitos away. Tried to get the wife to come, got a hard stare, I ain't stupid me, she don't want to come. In all seriousness have a good time Zack. :rofl:

399df909c274aa65470a2137174d9318.jpg

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I'm more lurker than contributor, but I've been reading this forum nearly every day for a good while. The attitudes referenced by the OP do exist here, but they are rare and certainly not the norm. I get making a specific response in the same thread to snobbery like that, but what is the point of a starting a general accusatory thread like that?

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I like that snobbery and reverse snobbery got mentioned. Good analysis.
To my mind, with this group, there's no way to avoid strong opinions, but sometimes it comes down to knowing when to mention a tobacco sucks.
For example, in a thread where someone is talking about their newest discovery, maybe it is best not to do so... but in a thread of general reviews, or a review, it is a great time to bash it.
There are a lot of great tobaccos out there, and a lot of terrible ones. People talking about them often wakes us up so that we consider why we smoke what we smoke, and get more analytical about it. That is kind of fun.
However, I have to admit that after reading the last snobbery thread, I smoked more Prince Albert than usual. Yep, I'm going to hell, but you knew that anyway.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
*Sniff* Sniff* I love you guys! *Sniff* Sniff* I have felt nothing but welcome since joining. I have not always written the most intelligent things. I've even been corrected (several times) by moderators, always deservedly. My apologies and "Thank you for correcting me" always followed. I am neither the most knowledgeable nor the most experienced pipe smoker on this site. I thoroughly enjoy the banter here and hope NONE of you change! I have learned much and enjoy this hobby more than ever because of that learning. I am pretty thick skinned, so fire away any time you like, JUST DON"T CHANGE! If this forum was scrubbed clean, it would not be the same, and I'm afraid I would get bored and simply leave.
Tim

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Holy shit, this thing is still going? I took Woods' advice and got out of the house; it didn't do any good.

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Couldn't we just stop people making ugly posts and stop others from getting offended and responding rudely with the same 2 step solution that gets applied to every other problem on the forum?
Step 1: More drying time
Step 2: Smoke slower
:nana: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.