PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
I think my Dad and I bonded over tobacco. It was the oddest thing but perhaps the coolest thing to happen as of late.

duncan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Well now you have a Xmas present for him. A nice starter set from one of our Advertisers. I am thinking of getting one for my dad also since he is intrested aswell.
On a serious note congrats since from the tone of this you didn't have a strong bond with your father. I hope you guys have a great and full life ahead of yourselves.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
This happend with me and my dad with cigars first. It was great after 30 years that we sat down on a regular basis and talked. Now its pipes cigars got to damn expensive

jimbo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2010
I never got to "bond" with my pipe-smoking dad. When I was a kid, I tried to, by giving him such Christmas presents as 'the pipe' and sampler packs of "wild and crazy" tobacco that was very different from his drugstore Carter Hall and Half-and-Half. (Kids could buy that back then by saying "it's for Dad".)
I'm lucky he didn't disinherit me. HAHA! :mrgreen:

hellar

Lurker
Oct 30, 2010
my brother and i always bond so much more when we are outside together him smoking a cigar, me a pipe. its the best

Status
Not open for further replies.