PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Picked up some tins today I would recommend most to do the same. Very good stuff, now I just need to see a man about a war horse...

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
The War Horse RR will be upon you very shortly and I believe Dan made an announcement about the 'Bar'. By all accounts I expect the first run of Bengal Slices to sell out pretty quickly so I will be fascinated to see what you lot think about the finished product.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Definitely eager to try it! But my 2015 TAD was significant so I need to go through quite a bit of the tobacco I already have before I can justify buying any more. Someday though, hopefully after the initial rush, the new Bengal Slices will be high on my list.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I look forward to buying some Bengal Slices when it becomes available. I absolutely loved the samples. Very good stuff for sure. :puffy:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I can say this, I don't cellar but, there will always be a tin in the shelf. When I'm down to one, I'll order 5 more. It is that good to my palate.
If the horse measures up, I'm pretty sure it will, it will also be one I'm never without.
It the company ever goes public I'll have a few shares just out of pride of ownership. Sorta like my Packers stock.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
You had to go to Standard Tobacco's site and sign up to be alerted on the release. It just happened about 3 hours ago.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The Bengal Slices release sneaked up on me, too.
Warren gave me the heads up, in fact! What would we do without you guys? We wouldn't be talking about Bengal Slices, that's for certain. My deepest gratitude goes out to everyone here who has helped Simon and I out with this little pet project over the past two years. Help has come from all corners of the pipe world, whether it be in the form of vintage samples or much-needed encouragement. As this crazy idea has evolved, it's become all-consuming and quite challenging, thus my absence from this forum from time-to-time. But the wanton enthusiasm of all of our friends here at PipesMagazine has kept us moving forward with a smile on our face.
Yes, there is more to come. We expect to see the War Horse loose cut available by the end of the month (production samples have been phenomenal...thank you, Lane Ltd), and we hope to debut War Horse Bar at the Chicago show. After that comes a few more surprises, including the reintroduction of another iconic brand line with three distinctive blends.
So, from all of us at The Standard Tobacco Co. of Pennsylvania, to all of our friends here at PipesMagazine, thank you for making 2015 a landmark year. We hope to bring you great joy in 2016!

Status
Not open for further replies.