PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Korean people eat Japanese curry with the sauce. The sauce is made of a half soy sauce and a half vinegar. I prefer Japanese rice vinegar. We keep stuff that makes stain and general messiness under the sink. My younger son is back from Japan after 7 weeks of intensive cram course in intermediate Japanese (6 college credit hours). He said, "dad, you make the best Japanese curry". "In Japan, they barely put any meat in, and they cook it to death." So, I cooked my curry. Decided to make the sauce for him also. Soy sauce on the bottom, and vinegar on top. But something is wrong. The vinegar is not mixing with the soy sauce. Making a lovely separation like in organic chemistry lab. Looked at the bottle and it's a freaking olive oil. I didn't buy that bottle and it looks strangely like the rice vinegar bottle. This is why I never suggest any grocery shopping to my wife.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Sigh. I've had snafus like that before, usually when I'm on autopilot.

On the bright side, you can use your sauce to make a variation of David Chang's ginger scallion sauce. Just add ginger, scallions and vinegar.

It's good on virtually everything (rice, noodles, chicken, beef).