PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

denholrl

Might Stick Around
Mar 27, 2011
Some of the stems on my Peterson’s have a “P” and some do not. This is true of both pre-Republic and Republic pipes. Is the application or omission of the “P” a decision or an oversight? If a decision, on what is it based?

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Do they have "P's" located anywhere else? I have a few pipes where if they have the logo on the pipe itself, they might not put it on the stem. If you have the "P" on the pipe somewhere else, maybe that was good enough for Peterson?

Jan 8, 2013
I think with Peterson it depends on the stem itself. All of my Petes have the "P" on the stem except those that are too thin to put them on the side of the stem. None of my Petes have the "P" on the face (or top) of the stem. Therefore my spigots have no "P". However some of my other saddle stemmed pipes (though thin) have them on the side because the stem material is broad where it meets the shank but then suddenly becomes thin. All my tapered (round) stems have the "P" on the side.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
@weezel - ba-dump!
It is curious as to which do and which do not. Even on the top tier Antique Amber series, the included acrylic stem may or may not have a silver P, sometimes different on the same model pipe.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I just bought a Peterson Fermoy 80s. There is no P on the vulcanite stem but the pipe has a nickel collar around the shank which does have the P logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.