PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I'd find it helpful to know an absolute number for each blend before I smoke it, but that's not going to happen unless the FDA or some body makes it a regulation. So, a mixed feeling- it'd be a plus for me, but a minus for the nice folks who blend it and then have to run tests, yada yada, to fill one more gov. mandate. I personally don't like a heavy nic hit, as it mostly nauseates me.

jpmcwjr, just check out what people have reported on tobaccoreviews.com

This will be way more beneficial than a number, as Virginias have a lot of nicotine, but because of acidity, you're not absorbing it, and perique has less nicotine than some average burleys, but because of whatever the magic is that happens in fermentation, you feel it harder. Heck, there is a lot of nicotine in aromatics, but because of the way the flavorings affect it...

A number would just be meaningless.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I must not be smoking any N heavy blends as I never experience any nicotine symptoms. I smoke mostly oriental and latakia blends.
I do experience it with certain cigars on occasion.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
This forum is also a good resource. The Nicotine maniacs who post here about their favorite blends give you a good idea of what to avoid...

Status
Not open for further replies.