PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
Very nice Ehrlich!
I'm lucky enough to have a Bushee in my collection, a small lightly sandblasted apple. Keep an eye out, they don't seem to pop up often but I don't think most people know what they are when they do!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In the early 1960's, those pipe prices were not as low as they look. Seven bucks was some serious

walking around money. My dad left me $5 a day to commute to college, and a monthly train pass.

On that, I could pay bus from the train station downtown, lunch, and save enough to have a little

excursion in the city on Friday. College students of my ilk didn't have the grandiose needs some

do today. Did the last two years of undergrad a state away, for the journ school. It turned out to

be less than in-state tuition in Illinois, though there was room and board. Spartan, it was spartan.
Does anyone have an alternate suggestion on that shape, or is it an acorn?

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I own several Ehrlich pipes and they show up at yard sales here quite often, all great smokers, enjoy your beauty.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
That is a real beauty and it looks in fabulous condition.
I imagine it will be a terrific clencher.
Good luck with it.

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
Does anyone have an alternate suggestion on that shape, or is it an acorn?
I looked up a number of different acorn shapes and this particular pipe seems to relate most to many of the Danish produced acorn pipes that I saw. I understand Ehrlich had some of it's pipes made in Denmark but I'm not sure if they were given some special designation or not. I'm thinking this one is one of their imported pipes. It seems very similar to the pipes in this 1968-1969 Catalog.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow, what a great Ehrlich and I loved the catalog.

I have several of the "Scottie" pipe holders on Page 4, but didn't realize they were Ehrlich products (guessing they might have been in other catalogs as well)

Those $450 ivory chess sets must have been pretty dear in 1960.

Status
Not open for further replies.