PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Don't you think that worthy fellow on TV, the Most Interesting Man in the World, is a piper, and probably would smoke one in public if it weren't for the anti-smoking ban? I can certainly see him with a Dunhill.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I have seen an interview where he did or does smoke a pipe. Sorry I don't have a link. On another note, I think his portrayal is genius, sales of Dos Equis increased substantially. Ah the power of advertisement. I lament the day this ad campaign ends as its one of my favorites.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
There was a spot on NPR over the weekend talking with the actor about his "overnight success" after 50 years of acting...
My Big Break - NPR
No mention of pipe smoking, or the fact that he played a redshirt on Star Trek who didn't die... :D

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Some very interesting reading following the links here. So interesting, that it is completely keeping me from doing my employees' evaluations. Ug. Back to work!

Apr 10, 2015
Not only incredible advertising for Dos Equis, but for countless other companies around the globe using his persona! I always enjoy his ads

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
At first his agent said yes, but then backpedaled later.
How sad, Kevin. I guess courageous and interesting are not necessarily synonymous attributes :lol:

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
I requested an interview with him a couple of years ago. At first his agent said yes, but then backpedaled later.
Kevin,

He probably saw the Pipe Hunks thread and knew he didn't stand a chance!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
417923.jpg

Dec 30, 2014
actually, he doesn't smoke Dunhills, he smokes basket pipes. He has minimal knowledge of pipes, tobaccos, or anything to do with the industry. He just smokes for the fun of it, doesn't get into the rest of the industry much. Though he is pretty interesting (not as depicted in his Dos Equis role), but he's been an actor for a very long time. Was once in a scene with John Wayne where he was shot by Wayne in the chest with a blank, but the blanks back then aren't like they are today, after the 5th take, he had to stop since his chest was bleeding too much. He does tons of charity work and has the utmost respect for his fans. When we are out having breakfast at the local diner, he will stop in the middle of eating and chat with a fan. He's an awesome guy, just doesn't know much about pipes, so you aren't missing much of an interview, Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.