PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
Nice digs. I started with a tin of Blue Note and Devil's Holiday; yours is better. I love Sasieni and Veermaster. Have you tried that Sutliff No. 5 yet?

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Looks like a good cellar to me; I'm receiving my last TAD order for a while and my cellar will pretty much be set and I'll just have to work on stocking and making the pecking order of tobaccos... I think I've narrowed down the bulk blends now I just need to figure out the tin situation.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is an excellent start, thanks for sharing. When I came back to my pipes last May after a few years off, I didn't have much at all. The things I did have were all English blends I no longer smoked so I began sampling all kinds of things to figure out what I wanted to cellar. It takes time learning what you like but it is also fun. I sampled from May till about September and then went balls to the wall cellaring. I am still about 7 years short of my 25 year goal, but it is getting there. Enjoy the journey it is an important aspect to pipe smoking.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
That's a great start. For my first 2 years of smoking I couldn't afford having more than maybe 2 ounces, and a 50 gm tin is about 30$ here in soviet Canuckistan.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
Make sure you let that Gettysburg air out a bit before you try smoking it. I had a tin damaged in transit, popped the top. I figured it would only help me air it out. It was still kinda goopy when I put it in a jar. Haven't tried it yet, still waiting...

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
And I'd really like to show off my cellar, but if my wife saw how much I got in there, I think she'd flip. We both have summers off, so I might have to wait til September when she goes back to work ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.