PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I have seen the Kraken but I've yet to take the plunge... It sounds like a good one, though, if one wants a spiced change of pace.
Would you guys consider this sweeter than a standard rum?
Captain Morgan Spiced (whilst not a good example) tastes sickly sweet to me, for example...
I prefer a good dark Demerara rum in general, such as the El Dorado line.

(The Fifteen Year Old is sublime)

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I liked the 100° Captain Morgan, so maybe the Kraken will be worth a go. My favorite rum is Blackbeard Rum from the Cayman Islands.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I went to my local liquor store and they have a 5th for 20 bucks... Didn't want to spend that much on something I've never tried. I think Kraken is available in a 375ml bottle... Gotta keep on searching!

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I went to my local liquor store and they have a 5th for 20 bucks... Didn't want to spend that much on something I've never tried. I think Kraken is available in a 375ml bottle... Gotta keep on searching!

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
It's one of my favorite rums besides Sailor Jerry and Pusser's... Here's a photo of me with the Kraken Hunter at last year's Liquor Convention in San Antonio..
288nogh.jpg

My wife works part time at a liquor store so I got to tag along.. Free samples of almost everything you can think of. I tried several moonshines and three different brands of Absinthe, needless to say I was floating around...

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
From the title of the thread i though ya all was talking about my ex-wife...

Status
Not open for further replies.