PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sham

(theSHAMOO)
May 20, 2022
Charlotte, NC
I've never had an issue with mattresses, but I like my tuft & needle dense foam mattress. Does anyone else use a foam mattress? It's added convenience that they can be compressed and shipped to your door. Not sure where these rank for back health

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I really like our cheap "hybrid" mattress which is a combo box spring/memory foam.

I bought one for my daughter's room which was a little firmer than the one I have and I think I prefer the former. Now I'm looking for the same but higher quality/longer lasting.

I have a very nice full foam Tempr-pedic on an adjustable frame in our spare bedroom which I bought after my pulmonary embolism. It's very nice but too soft and makes my back hurt a little.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Could you say more about the platform?
The platform I bought is made by BedTech. I originally bought their simplest model, which allows you to raise or lower your upper and lower body independently, and even came with one preset for zero gravity - the profile that causes the least amount of stress on one's body. It's the profile NASA uses for astronaut seating at take off. I had been considering buying a zero grav seat. So when I saw this setting and tried it while mattress shopping, I decided to buy the motorized base.
Due to an error in delivery, Garrison's offered to replace the base I ordered with a higher level model for about the same price, shaving $300 off of the price, and I went for it. The BedTech base I now have is the BT3000LP. Besides the base controls it had several presets, the flexibility to add two more customized settings, head massage, foot massage, in three different configurations, USB ports for charging your cell, and a battery powered back up to enable you to lower the bed back to flat in the event of a power outage. I've tried out the presets and "massage" modes and it's quite luxurious!

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Besides the base controls it had several presets, the flexibility to add two more customized settings, head massage, foot massage, in three different configurations, USB ports for charging your cell, and a battery powered back up to enable you to lower the bed back to flat in the event of a power outage. I've tried out the presets and "massage" modes and it's quite luxurious!
Sounds like there would be no reason to get out of bed. That's not good for me.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Lately I've been seriously considering one of these newfangled "side sleeper" pillow jobs. A high tech take on the "wedge" type pillow (which I've enjoyed for a few years too). They have a rigid frame forming the base that has slots for your arm to slide through so you don't wake with numb arms/hands/shoulders.
Yes sir, seriously considering one.
When it comes to pillows, old tech, like thousands of years old tech, gives me the most comfort. I've been using buckwheat pillows for the past 30 years and nothing else I've tried comes close.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
The platform I bought is made by BedTech. I originally bought their simplest model, which allows you to raise or lower your upper and lower body independently, and even came with one preset for zero gravity - the profile that causes the least amount of stress on one's body. It's the profile NASA uses for astronaut seating at take off. I had been considering buying a zero grav seat. So when I saw this setting and tried it while mattress shopping, I decided to buy the motorized base.
Due to an error in delivery, Garrison's offered to replace the base I ordered with a higher level model for about the same price, shaving $300 off of the price, and I went for it. The BedTech base I now have is the BT3000LP. Besides the base controls it had several presets, the flexibility to add two more customized settings, head massage, foot massage, in three different configurations, USB ports for charging your cell, and a battery powered back up to enable you to lower the bed back to flat in the event of a power outage. I've tried out the presets and "massage" modes and it's quite luxurious!

Sounds like you have to put quarters in it.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
@sablebrush52

What is in the water in Ashland? You have become quite the yarn spinner. Your last two posts I have read felt like you were speaking for me. Maybe it isn't the water and that other thing Oregon is kinda known for? :ROFLMAO:

bdw

Reactions: jpmcwjr