PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
I did not see this posted anywhere on the forums. I think any updates on "Kyle Black" warrant a post. This is copied and pasted from Marty's site under "The Mill". Buyer beware, we have a stinker amongst us.
Link to the previous posts for those new to the "Kyle Black" story.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/the-kyle-black-saga-continues
And now to the latest.
Do you any of you remember

my publicizing the problem that many

collectors and dealers (including

myself) had in dealing with Kyle Black,

who functioned in the manner of a

classic sociopath? We had to sic the

cops on him to get as much stolen

property returned as possible, but we

knew that would never deter him from

trying to scam others because, as

stated, he exhibits the characteristics

of a genetically programmed criminal.

Anyhow, the surmise of one internet

seller is that he is back at it, using a

girlfriend named Rasmussen as a front,

via eBay. Below is the e-mail from one

distraught customer to the offending

agent of, most probably, Kyle Black:

"Ms. Rasmussen,
This weekend I will be attending the

West Coast Pipe Show where I will be

maintaining a table from which I will be

selling museum quality, heirloom pipes

such as the Anne Julie which is the

subject of a binding contract between

you (using your eBay name

"kaerbybro") as seller, and my

daughter, Jennifer S. as purchaser.
Unfortunately you have chosen not to

honor that contract, and as a result

have intentionally breached it.
Many of the eBay sellers from whom

you purchase pipes are friends of mine

and will be in attendance at the West

Coast Pipe Show.
I strongly suggest that you reconsider

your decision to dishonor and breach

the contract between yourself and

Jennifer S. I also strongly suggest that

you immediately communicate to

Jennifer S. your intention to honor the

contract, and to fulfill its terms by

shipping the Anne Julie pipe to Ms. S.
If you fail to do so, I will have no choice

this weekend but to describe in detail

to the eBay sellers your unfortunate

and illegal behavior regarding the Anne

Julie pipe over the past eight days. On

October 28, 2014, my daughter bought

the Anne Julie pipe at your "Buy it

Now" price and paid for it using

PayPal. You cancelled the

transaction. On October 30, 2014, my

daughter once again bought the Anne

Julie pipe at your "Buy it Now" price

and paid for it again using PayPal. You

cancelled the transaction a second

time. Since October 30, 2014 you have

"stonewalled" my daughter and

refused her repeated requests that you

fulfill your contractual obligations.
We "brothers of briar" are a small and

close-knit group. I have no doubt that,

once they learn how you have dealt

with the Anne Julie transaction, others

within this group will no longer be

eager to deal with you again. We are

people of our word, and we have no

room within our group for a person

who has given her word and then so

easily has broken it (as you have done

regarding the Anne Julie pipe).
Please reconsider your actions,

Bob"

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Here is the ebay seller, Kaerbybro, who coincidentally is in Conroe TX (Kyle Black address).

http://www.ebay.com/usr/kaerbybro?_t...p2047675.l2559
They have good feedback, but the comment on Marty's page ID's this seller. And probably this pipe.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Anne...item20eee89bbf
They have "sold" several Anne Julie pipes recently.
Buyer beware.

rx2man

May 25, 2012
No thanks needed. I have made a lot of transaction on this forum and everyone has fulfilled their end of the deal, its not even something I think about (is someone going to hose me out of $$$$). Then you have this turd screwing people over and ruining a good thing we have going.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
If I had to take a stab at this I would say that most of the high end sales are from fictional buyers. No way would someone who has sold that many high end pipes over the last few months cancel a sale of the mentioned Anne Julie pipe. My guess it is KB and he is just waiting for the person who wins one of the Anne Julie pipes and wants to send him a check or something. He probably is legit on the lower end pipes and is just waiting for his big score. The other pipes he is legit on are probably the ones he thieved last go around. These are just guesses and my opinions so take them for what they are worth.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
someone in the earlier thread called him a cradle to grave thief. This is obviously too true. What a piece of crap...Although I think that is too nice for this guy. thanks for the update.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Interestingly, I was looking back thru some old Ebay messages and have several exchanged with the seller "Kaerbybro", reputed to be Kyle Black. He gave me some very detailed info on old Dunhill pipes and seemed quite pleasant and helpful. I have exchanged emails with Kyle Black before and I just don't know if these two are one and the same. (I did not make a purchase from this member). I'm going to delete my previous comment as I don't want to disparage an innocent person.

adam12

May 16, 2011
Multiple Choice Question: Which movie character is more like Kyle Black?
A. Deep Throat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vETxuL7Ij3Q
B. Captain Howdy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qK58CZslAs
C. Delbert Grady
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc0_SYZJfzU
D. The Sarlacc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw5zLa2FmoI

mkelaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2012
Al:
All Con Men are pleasant and helpful. That's why they get away with it.

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
You know, after the incredible travesty that the "kickstarter" thread turned into, I have to wonder if this is the right format for this type of thing.
Not again...
oh look, got arrested for driving without license
http://www.justmugshots.com/texas/humble/26707066
Yeah, now that is some really reliable info you posted. If the guy ripped some folks off and a warning needs to be published then that's one thing. What you did here just sickens me. You have no idea if this is the same guy. You don't have his full name nor his social security number, both of which would be required for a legitimate background check on someone. Talk about irresponsible. All I can say is WOW!!!!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Al:
All Con Men are pleasant and helpful. That's why they get away with it.
Of course.

But, that ebay seller knew way too much about Duhill pipes (and which ones were filter pipes, etc.) From my communications with Kyle (phone calls and email), he didn't have that level of expertise and had only a very basic knowledge of pipes in general. And that specific seller is not named, I was simply speculating about that identity. Now I think that I was mistaken. (so I deleted that reply)

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
My cousin is a deputy sheriff in that neck of the woods, and he and other law enforcement officers are very familiar with Kyle Black. The problem is, they can't touch him, because by his actions Black has violated federal, not state law. This means the deputies can't arrest him. And the sad fact is that the federal law-enforcement agencies, even though they are aware of Black and his activities, are simply too overburdened to go after him because they've got far bigger fish to fry. It's annoying, frustrating and even painful for the individuals who get burned by him, but this man knows what he's doing, and operates in just such a fashion that he knows he's safe from federal interference.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
You don't have his full name nor his social security number
And just how on earth do you obtain someones Social Security number? Why not ask that one doesn't also have his banking account number, his mothers maiden name, etc.!
That is a form of identification that NO one should have access to other than the IRS, your bank and your credit card holder.

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
And just how on earth do you obtain someones Social Security number? Why not ask that one doesn't also have his banking account number, his mothers maiden name, etc.!
That is a form of identification that NO one should have access to other than the IRS, your bank and your credit card holder.
You make my point for me, thank you. You and I don't obtain that kind of information and neither does the individual that posted the highly questionable link. Without that information there is no possible way he could know that the guy accused of ripping off the pipe community and the guy in the "mugshot" are the same man unless he has met the man and can attest to it. Though he absolutely presented it in exactly that manner. If the gentleman in the so called "mugshot" isn't the same man, then he has now been falsely accused of theft which is Libel plain and simple. Incredibly irresponsible to put something like that in writing on a public forum.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Ok, I'd be interested to hear from any lawyers on the forum if the above accusations constitute libel. Would the police department or newspapers publishing that mugshot be guilty of libel if that were true? After all, when that mugshot was taken the individual pictured had not been found guilty of anything, only arrested and charged. Also, don't you have to knowingly say false things for a libel conviction? Further, wouldn't Mr Black have to show damages of some sort? It seems like a huge limitation of freedom of speech if we are not even allowed to suppose somebody did something.

Status
Not open for further replies.