PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I am smoking a large bowl of Haddo's Delight.
If there's a better pipe tobacco, I haven't found it.
It's not my every day smoke, in the same sense that I can't eat lobster every night.
I don't smoke it as often as I do a half dozen other of my favorite tobaccos.
But man is this stuff delicious. I never fail to be in awe when I fire up a bowl. Wow. Simply fantastic.
If you haven't smoked it in awhile, I encourage you to pack a large bowl, medium to light packing, grab yourself a bourbon on ice, sit back, and enjoy.
Thank you for this, Greg. It's a one of a kind.

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
The tin note on this is delicious, great smoke too. Tempting to try and get a 8oz tin shipped to me.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
Haddo's is definitely a great blend, and unlike most anything else on the market (although I find Exhausted Rooster to in the same ballpark). It's especially wonderful when aged for a couple of years, as I know of few blends that change so much with a little time.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Sothron,
Thanks for that endorsement. I just picked up some Chelsea Morning and Charring Cross and someone was saying they liked Haddos Delight. I will definitely put that on my list for my next haul.
Cheers,
Dan

neverknowsbest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2013
I didn't like a green tin I had of the blend, but I had one with a year's age on it and it was totally different. I enjoyed it very much.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I'm in. I really enjoyed my first tin of it. It's got a lovely sweet bread taste on the tongue coupled with a plumish stewed peppers when exhaled through the nose. Oddly enough I found it tastes better outside in the damp fall. There's a soft "woodsy" taste that goes well with decomposing leaves.
I think it's one of those tobaccos I want on hand, but not every week.
Great blend that gives you back what you put into smoking it.

kenoshakid

Might Stick Around
Feb 27, 2013
Just ordered 8 oz. I first tried HD years ago when I was just getting started with pipe smoking. Everyone was talking about how complex it was. I actually never quite got the complexity - I only smoked two two-ounce tins - but everything else about it was excellent. Now that I'm back into serious pipe smoking, I thought I'd try and see if I could discover more of the variety of flavors of this fine blend.

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
i have a pound or 2 on hand. it is better once its had a little age on it. good for a long country drive on a spring day.

oldman

Lurker
Mar 23, 2013
...so, out of curiosity, from the uninitiated corner, when you get a tin (or two), do you let it age, or break into it like Christmas morn?

neverknowsbest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2013
...so, out of curiosity, from the uninitiated corner, when you get a tin (or two), do you let it age, or break into it like Christmas morn?
What does the date on the bottom say? I think this blend improves a great deal after about four months of age at the very least, but optimally a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.