PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The Great RYO Smoke Out!

The Lehigh Valley Pipe Club will put @Briar Lee to the test on Wednesday evening as we host a blind taste test of nine different RYO blends. There will be three controls (well known pipe blends of similar composition to the RYO's), but participants won't know which are what until all is revealed, later that same evening.

So if you are in Bethlehem, PA tomorrow night around 7, stop by The Wooden Match, buy me a beer, and join us for a fun evening.

IMG_7004.JPG

IMG_7005.JPG

Last edited:

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
Back in the early 2000s, our local convenience store, named Zip In, had Cherokee Cigarettes for $10 a carton. Marlboros were around $3 a pack. A Cherokee cigarette is one of the nastiest things I've ever smoked. If their RYO is anything close to their packaged cigarettes from those days, you're in for a treat!

As I think back on them, there was a funky taste in the background reminiscent of the smell of burning paraffin.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
The Great RYO Smoke Out!

The Lehigh Valley Pipe Club will put @Briar Lee to the test on Wednesday evening as we host a blind taste test of nine different RYO blends. There will be three controls (well known pipe blends of similar composition to the RYO's), but participants won't know which are what until all is revealed, later that same evening.

So if you are in Bethlehem, PA tomorrow night around 7, stop by The Wooden Match, buy me a beer, and join us for a fun evening.

View attachment 298721

View attachment 298720

Argh. I’m back in New York!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
The Great RYO Smoke Out!

View attachment 298721

View attachment 298720
You will lets us all know the results, and opinions correct!?!?!?!?

I'm dieing of anticipation over here!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I've been honestly considering the drive there, the time, drive back and the fact that I have to go to the office on Thursday very early which is not a normal office day for me. I don't think I can pull it off though.

I wish there was more notice for this!
I did announce it in an RYO post a month and a half ago, but yeah. Been really busy with w*rk, and it snuck up on me, too. Sorry.