PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I shipped a few Dunhills today to Smokingpipes today. I'm looking to trade for high C grade S Bang that I've fallen in love with. I've never traded with a company before so I'm very curious to see how this pans out. These Dunhills mark the end of my "expendable" pipes and the end of my pipe acquisitions for quite some time. I have two commissions at various stages of development, but that's the end. Now comes the tobacco purchasing and enjoying the pipes I've accumulated. I know some will say "good luck with that", but I assure you this is it. It's just how I am.

I LOVE this S Bang.... it fits my aesthetic senses perfectly and is the absolute perfect pipe for me. I hope it works out.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
You've got a beautiful pipe there, Nate. I hope you love it, along with all your other beautiful pipes that you've acquired recently. And now on to the tobacco!

yorkshirepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
"Now my collection is complete"
I've said that so many times! Good luck with your plan, that is a lovely looking pipe for sure!

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
...These Dunhills mark the end of my "expendable" pipes and the end of my pipe acquisitions for quite some time...
It's rare to be able to find something perfect, for anybody, so congrats!
An end is just a new beginning.

The forum members can help you to count how long does this new beginning take to brew before really starting again.

8)

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
That's a beautiful pipe Nate! I love the grain as well as the shape. If you ever get bored with it let me know. :)
Good luck with your break from pipe acquisitions. I'd bet it won't last too long. 8)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You have to keep reviewing and remembering the great pipes you have, and even that doesn't always work. There's

some quest psychology that keeps driving us forward, as if the next one will magically bring forward all the pleasure

of ALL your pipes. Hey, you can do this. Make it a quest in itself. I've traded for store credit with SP and felt I did

all right, but it was at a much more modest level.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
About 70% of Bangs that I've seen are home runs. Just perfect, and this one gets my S Bang acquisivity tingling anew. I think you're on to something about spending, however. Passion for a past-time/hobby/addiction/mania dominates my thinking to the extent that I've always got my money spent two and three times over before I get it.

90% of my disposable income goes for tobacco and tobacco-related. At the other extreme there is something to be gained by not spending/saving. After long periods of spending I remember I should be saving.
Desire is said to be the driving force of human energy. This is certainly the case with me;).

Status
Not open for further replies.