PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
LOL on the whole thread. Nice UFO, Bubba! Pipegoddess, I may have to scrounge through my wife's makeup kit. She'll be understanding about that, right?
Simon

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Hah :lol: I stay out of my wife's makeup and she stays out of my tobacco stash. I now want a baccyflap too. :(

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Yes, the Baccyflap continues to be in demand, despite being out of production for years.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I have been using a tin from Lush cosmetics. I obtained from my lovely wife. It is not perfectly air tight but I think that is OK since I almost always dry the tobacco a bit before smoking it any ways. It holds a few bowls worth. Recently I took the stem off the pipe and put the entire bowl in the tin with the tobacco for travel. Worked great for the small bowl briar with a long stem I have.
http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/gifts/accessories/shampoo-bar-tin-

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
The metal tins you can buy to keep spices in would work. I keep some tobacco I bought from a B&M I frequented in Utah in one and it is still moist almost a year later. No links though.
You could also probably use a Skoal can after it was emptied. They are fairly airtight. Should be good for one or two bowls worth.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I'll have to dig through the box where my makeup goes to die and see what would be likely...
I was bitching about not having a cool case for my pipes like Bootleg last night so I got the grand idea to stick a pipe in one of the bags meant for cosmetics brushes. It was awesome! Then I found an old pink and green leather case that will fit 2 pipes + tools + tobacco. :D Better living through feminine products. ;)

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
My old retainer cases from the 70's looked and worked just like it, save for brighter colors. Now I wish I's started pack rattin' earlier on!

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
A modern alternative: You have all seen, and may have, the little metal keychain pill holders. At a local truck stop, they were selling the Texas sized versions for $10. It holds over an ounce. While it does not pit as well in a shirt pocket, it works great!
bacyflapsub.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.