PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
I havent had Carter Hall since the switch. I bought a tub of the new stuff but I have yet to try it. I did try Chatham Manor and I dont like it at all.

Reactions: WVOldFart

Road To Pines

Might Stick Around
Sep 2, 2020
Ontario, Canada
I'm peeved we can't get those wonderful foil packets any more. Nothing better for toting tobacco in your jacket pocket when you're out for a lunt.

Besides the tub of Prince Albert that I'm halfway through, I have one final packet that's about five years old now; I display it in its box on the cabinet shelf next to my pipes. Not sure if I'll ever open it.

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I lack the perspective of older pipe smokers, having only been smoking my pipes daily for about 2 years now, so I never got to try the original US made Carter Hall. However, I can say that after trying 80 or so different blends the current version of Carter Hall is definitely in my top 4 favorites (alongside Orlik Golden Sliced, Cornell & Diehl Pegasus, and Peterson Early Morning Pipe) and is an everyday smoke for me. No matter what season it is or the time of day or night, Carter Hall always sounds good and it tends to be what I smoke the most of overall.

I'm not sure if it's a blessing or a curse that I never got to try the original, but I am extremely fond of the current version and can only hope that it's never discontinued (especially since I haven't started deep cellaring it yet).