PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Would it be asking too much to maybe ask if someone can put in some Sam Gawith FVF? Never tried, and i don't want to buy a whole tin to try it. Thanks eh!
I've got plenty of Boswells aros to add in!

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Realized I hadn't put up a pic...so here you are!
DSCF2010.jpg

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Yeah, I tossed in a brick of carnuba wax for anyone who might be interested. I should be visiting my bee-keeper friend this weekend, I'll try and grab some pure beeswax for the next round. 38 blends at time of shipping.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Damn. Now I can't pass along the box with only a pouch of Borkum Riff and say that's what got sent to me. :rofl:
It's great that everyone is contributing, but we all have to "withdraw" as well. The ziploc bags won't keep the 'baccy forever. Sometimes you gotta man up and take the last cupcake, as it were. That way there's new stuff each time the box comes around.
Simon

stanwellman

Might Stick Around
Nov 5, 2011
In addition to the idea of the box, and geographically limited to those in the lower mainland, have you ever visited the web site of the Vancouver Pipe Club? The club meets once a month with the meeting location listed on the web site. Maybe one more way to try new tobaccos and meet new people of similar interests.

Please forgive me if this is not the right place to mention this..... .

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
It's great that everyone is contributing, but we all have to "withdraw" as well. The ziploc bags won't keep the 'baccy forever. Sometimes you gotta man up and take the last cupcake, as it were. That way there's new stuff each time the box comes around.
Yes! This was the point I was trying to make when I reminded everyone to take stuff too!
In addition to the idea of the box, and geographically limited to those in the lower mainland, have you ever visited the web site of the Vancouver Pipe Club? The club meets once a month with the meeting location listed on the web site. Maybe one more way to try new tobaccos and meet new people of similar interests.

Please forgive me if this is not the right place to mention this..... .
Are you a member stanwellman? It would be nice to put a face to the grey-scale! Coincidentally, I'm always willing to meet up for a smoke, reside in the Tri-Cities (Poco), but I'm all over the Lower Mainland for work.
The three Canadian pipe-clubs I know of:
Vancouver

Toronto

Montreal

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I buff with beeswax by hand, works good. Not as shiny as what I've seen on here with carnauba, but does a nifty job nonetheless...
Also, I never really looked at the box pass threads before. I didn't know what they were about TBH. I'd love to get in on this, maybe next round if possible...? Those pics are awesome!

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Ghost, since we live so closet each other, I'll let you know when I receive it and we can share. We can split the shipping to the next guy.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Glad to see this really taking off. looking forward to receiving the box again. Have lots of new tobacco to add and a pipe or 2. This is an awesome way to try tobaccos that you have been wanting to try and to broaden your horizons with tobaccos that you would otherwise never purchase but may actually enjoy.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hey Guys,

:worship: Photoman13 reminded me to move this one as well.
Moved to Pipe Tobacco Discussion and I made it sticky as well.
No slight intended toward our Northern Brothers.

Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving.
:puffy:

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Hey Guys,
Moved to Pipe Tobacco Discussion and I made it sticky as well.
No slight intended toward our Northern Brothers.

Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving.
Lawrence, thanks for making this thread a sticky.

I quite often have a hard time finding this particular thread and this will make it much easier.
Had a great Thanksgiving with some cooler temperatures lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.